Post new question
Question
Elite x3 reboots by its own, and sometimes freezes
Replies (104)

Tutor
Message 61 of 105 (463 Views)

Re: Elite x3 reboots by its own, and sometimes freezes

It seems my above post was edited because I tried to help others directly contact HP instead of pray and hope someone gets back to them.

If anyone would like actual HP support help, please find me on reddit username: bpt1047

and I can pm you the HP support fellows that asked me to keep them in the loop with issues regarding the x3.

Provost
Message 62 of 105 (435 Views)

From several other posts in this section:

Hello,

I work at HP.  Please give a call into the Elite x3 Support line for assistance.  (866)625-1175.

Thanks, <HP Rep>

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Tutor
Message 63 of 105 (299 Views)

i am having the same problem. this is my 3rd HP elte x3 in the last 5 weeks. it resets all day. freezes up and i can text for about 2 minutes where it will freeze and i have to reset it. i have been in to microsoft and had it factory reset. 

i am so frustrated. i cant actually use the phone anymore as i cant communicate properly with it.

i have rang HP who said its not a hardware problem. Microsoft said, they cant see an issue - even though it will freeze in front of them.

i travel a lot and i cant even text home and sometimes dont realise the phone has frozen and have missed calls and messages.

please help 

jcb

PS - i can understand what you mean about going insane.

Tutor
Message 64 of 105 (278 Views)

Just want to calm down this angry thread. I do experience exceptions and unstable camera application behavior, together with SD card issues. However, freezes and resets are VERY rare. Thus I still can more or less rely on this phone during my daily use, however it still way below my expectaions because of mentioned above.

After the latest firmware update hungs and reboots are really rare. Needless to say, that I restart the phone manually as soon as SD disconnects.

Will contact support in Russia with camera concerns too. But it is not that painful... First SD card issue.

PS It seems that MS Windows mobile devices are plaqued with hardware issues. I remember ASUS VivoTab RT tablet which suffered touch screen malfunction issues beyond repair... Then failed Samsung ATIV Pro - everywhere something went wrong hardware wise. Why? Is OS in cahrge of these or just hardware/software combination?

Honor Student
Message 65 of 105 (265 Views)

Just wanted to let you know. I purchased this phone when it first came out last year....

I cannot explain how frustrating it has been for about 3 months now!

Phone freezes when in camera mode. Thougt it was the camera software. Checked for updates. Also most of the time I cannot even do a cold boot with this phone I press and hold the button so hard to get the phone to show power off.

I us this phone mostly for IT business ( work) and home use.

Today it froze up again was getting ready to go the the Microsoft Store in snow..... Guess what it powered it up by itself. This has happened a few times. So I gave up on going to the store.

What is wrong with the hardware on this phone? I clean up my text message clear up space and pray it doesnt freezze up when a client calls.

Tutor
Message 66 of 105 (240 Views)

Guys, just so you know, this is not a problem with the hp hardware. It is a problem with windows 10 mobile. I had a Lumia 950 and 950xl that were doing the same thing, in fact, I traded them in for this device because of these issues. Little did I know I would be in the same boat with this phone too. I believe there is a hardware compatibility issue with the OS, certain high power devices like this one and the higher end lumias seem to be the only ones experiencing these issues.
Top Student
Message 67 of 105 (216 Views)

The phone updated to 15055 a couple of days ago and I think that I can say most of the problems have been solved. 

Tutor
Message 68 of 105 (159 Views)

my phone now has to be reset after EVERY text message sent Smiley Sad

it may turn itself off randomly - thats how i missed my wake up alarm the other morning and the time that it doesnt seem to have too many issues is when i dont use it Smiley Sad

i contacted HP last week. no response still. 

my wife has a 550 with the same version of the software and doesnt have any issues.

it freezes after responding to a text message - often i dont get through the whole message. then it turns itself off.

the only way to turn it back on is via the power and volume down button.

Tutor
Message 69 of 105 (146 Views)

All,

Just got off the phone with HP Support ((866)625-1175).  First, it went very well, good support group, tried really hard to be helpful.

They told me this is a known issue with the SIM tray.  The early versions the tray wasn't milled just perfect, so, the SIMs don't exactly line up.  If they move or lose contact, it will freeze or reboot. 

They have a new tray that is better fitting that they are shipping to me.  I don't know if this fixes it yet, but, will report back.  The guy I talked too said it fixes these issues in about 90% of the phones....so, fingers crossed.

Ron

Tutor
Message 70 of 105 (141 Views)

hi ron, i have been through this and am on my third new card tray as they believed this was the problem Smiley Sad

i have seen no difference and am still random getting messages about removing my SD card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation