Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following the download of 15043 and the .23 firmware update my Elite x3 requested a reboot.  Upgrade appeared to proceed normally and then the device went into a reboot loop at the initial HP logo.  As long as it is powered on it will continually cycle on approximately 10 second cycles.

I'm currently attempting leaving the device powered off for 24 hours.  I hesitate to attempt device recovery because I have  a week of photos that apparently were not all syncing to OneDrive suddenly as of a week ago. 

If my only option is to use the Microsoft Device Recovery Tool is there any way to get my photos off the device first?  They are all stored on internal storage.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
I am now having the exact same issue with my elite X3. Stuck in a loop restarting after a HP update installed. I can't say I'm surprised by ANOTHER bad issue with this phone but the timing make it so much worse. I could have bought 3 Lumia 950xl for the money I spent on this, the worst phone I've ever owned. Keep us posted if you fix the issue.
HP Recommended

I will update if I find out anything.  Right now I'm focused on trying to get my pictures off.  I'm fairly confident a hard reset using either the Windows Device Recovery Tool or using the button sequence on the phone itself to hard reset would get me back up and running. 

Unfortunately both of those options wipe all data. 

HP Recommended
Yes I'm sure like me, you have had to do it several times now. Good luck brother.
HP Recommended
Did a hard reset and it still did not fix the issue. It loads up the gear screen and takes about 15 mins before going back into the HP loop. Will need to try the windows device recovery tool when I can.
HP Recommended

Still running on a temporary phone waiting to hear from HP.  Looking for some way to get the data off the card before resetting the device.  HP confirmed they would replace the device under warranty when I was ready but nothing yet on any way to get the data off.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.