Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I decided I would wait to see what would happen after 2017's first firmware release.  After having installed 0002.0000.0023.0113 today, I figured it was time to make a forum post.

I've been reporting graphics glitches on Microsoft's Feedback Hub and including performance monitoring and images to show what's going on.

So far what I've seen is related to games, specifically ones written for Windows 10 (UWP apps), not for Win8 apps. I believe the common thread is the graphics driver for the HP Elite x3 (Adreno 530). The problems below do not occur on any Lumia I own (520, 920, 630, 950XL).

Rocket Riot

Missing an entire graphics plane. Once in a match, all of the on-screen text is not displayed. This makes it impossible to interact with the game as all the visual cues are not shown. The behavior is the same on the phone as it is in Continuum. In the photo below, you should see scores, targets, the opponent list (the orange box), and basic controls (pause, etc).

wp_ss_20170131_0002.png

Hero Sky

The game starts to launch, you get the splash screen & loading screen, but the game fades to white and it doesn't work, part of the time the game crashes if you let it sit there long enough. You can hear the background music play, then change as it should. But the game basically ends with a white screen. If the game doesn't crash, you have to hold a long back and then close the app.

(loading screen)

AdobePhotoshopExpress_1afb6a8d82ea4caf82f882174b7d56a9.jpg

(below you're supposed to see a fortress on a map, but all you see is white, there's one more example below this)

wp_ss_20170131_0007.png

Crossy Road

Based on what character you're playing as, different effects are applied to the playing field. The problem I most often see is light sources not shaded properly on the playing field. In th example below, I'm playing as the undertaker (grave digger) and his character holds a lantern. That lantern lights up the space around him. However, his lantern does not light up the 1st row of any road. He will light up subsequent rows of road. Even if you pass that 1st section of road, it does not illuminate properly behind the character, and just as before, subsequent sections of road are shaded properly.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_cb7e85d1626745b287b90ec97379efaa.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
This issue isn't resolved with firmware 2.0.26. Any recent Windows updates have no effect either.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.