Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x3
Other

After using the HP Elite x3 for a while, I have the two below ideas to improve the device:

1. I'm outdoors several hours per day using the Elite x3 but the screen is not easily viewable in sunlight (whether direct or indirect sunlight).  My old Lumia 640XL worked wonderfully outdoors and actually looked better in direct sun.  If there is a way to improve the outdoor screen view quality during daylight hours, that would be a meaningful improvement to the Elite x3.  My experiences with the iphone 7 and the Lumia 640XL have been significantly better outdoors than with the Elite x3 so maybe using similar screen technology could help the Elite x3.

2. It would be helpful to provide the user with the ability to disable the Windows button for second or two while typing. When using SMS or typing an email, it's easy to accidently touch the Windows button and that action instantly opens the home screen and leaves the message I was typing.  Just like some Windows laptops can disable a touchpad while typing on the keyboard, it would be helpful to have a similar setting for the Elite x3 Windows button even if it's one or two seconds while using the keyboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Great feedback.  I will share this with the development team.

Regarding #2, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to hide the Windows key.  I also find myself accidentally hitting the Windows key when typing an SMS or email and this is one way to avoid that.

Thanks!

-Chris

I work for HP.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Great feedback.  I will share this with the development team.

Regarding #2, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to hide the Windows key.  I also find myself accidentally hitting the Windows key when typing an SMS or email and this is one way to avoid that.

Thanks!

-Chris

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

The biggest improvements I see would be a raised bezel around the main screen and around the main camera lens to protect it from... any thing, also the more actual buttons the better, windows, back, and search buttons would make this amazing.  

really water resistant would go a long way too.  

I can't figure out why all these realy expensive items that people take everywhere are so fragile.  it confuses me...

Update 16 May 2017

After using two of these for a month... 

Needs to be able to be on Verizon!!!!! several companies make phones that work on anything.  Why can't these?

faster camera, low light camera would be good too.  Slightly rugged/tough would be huge for mobile people.  louder speakers.  I don't need car stereo bass, just a little louder.  

HP Recommended

1. Well any new device needs to have the SD card issue fixed before release for sure. 

2. There needs to be a certification done for NFC payments that way the phone can use them AS ADVERTISED. 

3. Add multiple monitor support for continuum

4. camera Improvements. 

5. Windows 10 on ARM!

HP Recommended

Hi!

1.There is another critical improvement necessary - camera focusing improvement. If you want take a photo in distance longer than approximately 1 meter then you will have just blurred picture. On shorter distances pictures are ok.

2. necessary to unlock in sttings camera resolutin selection - now its fixed in 10M and disabled for changing.

HP Recommended

@gunis2013 wrote:

Hi!

1.There is another critical improvement necessary - camera focusing improvement. If you want take a photo in distance longer than approximately 1 meter then you will have just blurred picture. On shorter distances pictures are ok. [snip]

The camera focus issue may be an issue with your unit.  My x3 will autofocus from a few inches to at least 15'.  It is dark outside now and I have not tried it outside so I do not know how it will work for long distance.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

In good light conditioins pictures ar more or less ok. And in short distances pictures ar very good. It looks like some software problems more than hardware, but any way I will try find HP service point.

HP Recommended

Please replace the current double tap to wake feature with double tap known from Lumia devices. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I realize that this may be a HW limitation due to the different technologies incorporated into the touchscreens, but the current one definitely needs some rework.

HP Recommended

My personal recommendations include:

1. MS Wallet support and Tap-To-Pay.  I believe that this was advertised.  I realize that a lot of this might be on Microsoft, but I am guessing that some of the certs end up on HP as well.

2. Please give the camera some sort of OIS.  It is difficult to come from a Nokia device with a 20+ MP camera w/ OIS and the ability to shoot RAW and JPEG images simultaneously.  The 16 MP is fine (although it seems to be stuck at 10 MP), but OIS would really help - and a better flash.

3. The SD Card problem is still a shock to me.  I can't believe that we are still working with this one.  BTW, I put a piece of thick tape on my current SD Card and it seems to work fine.  Still collecting data - I am at a week.  My belief is that the current phone/tray configuration just doesn't fix the card contacts down enough to make a good connection.

4. Audio equalizer.  One of the coolest Lumia features.  Traveling on planes, etc. - listening to music helps.  However, the sound coming out of the headphone jack is just that.  I usually default back to my Lumia because I can control the mix - also helps when I am watching videos on the plane as it has an EQ mode for that.

5. Sounds?  Get rid of those stupid shutter sounds for the video and camera - or at least provide a way to turn down the volume.  I can't take a shot or record and event without everybody around me giving me strange looks.  The HP website says that it is a regulatory requirement.  The x3 seems to be the only phone that has to comply.  So annoying.

6. Dedicated camera button on the side.

7. The Lumias also had a way to change the screen color profile - that was cool and I certainly used it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.