Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DESKDOCK
Other

Windows 10 1703 a.jpgAfter installed Windows 10 Creators Update (1703 15063.138) by applying SLOW RING of Insider Program,  I have the trouble that Display on HP Elite x3 will turned off suddenly after sometimes.

During opearting Build 1607, both disply on HP ELITE X3 and 21 inch display could be used. Now only 21 inch display after turn off HP ELITE X3.

Is this the bug of CREATOR UPDATE (1703 15063.138)? Is any countermeasue avilable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I found that the screen of HP ELITE x3 could be tuned on by  opening  Wallet Folio Leather Case after close once.

Also I found the same by double tapping the screen.

Solved!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In Creators Update, Continuum now allows the display to sleep while keeping the Continuum session active. Previously you would have disconnected if the screen were shut off.

From playing around, it looks like the best fix is to set the screen time out to the longest setting --5 minutes. This is in Settings >> Personalization >> Lock Screen.

When the phone screen does time out, you could simply turn it back on if you needed to use the phone again while still on Continuum.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I found that the screen of HP ELITE x3 could be tuned on by  opening  Wallet Folio Leather Case after close once.

Also I found the same by double tapping the screen.

Solved!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.