Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x3
Other
Greetings everyone,

I have the following problems, does anyone else.

1. After transferring a number of ringtones from my old Nokia 1020 (windows phone 8.1) to the the ringtone folder on the Elite x3 as shown on the help/Microsoft website none are shown for selection when I want to change my ringtones or notifications.

2. Whilst driving I can only interact with text messages when driving mode is deactivated. If it is switched on and active no text messages are passed on no matter what settings are selected within driving mode.

3. Android apps, there's a number of videos on YouTube on how to get them installed and working, can anyone recommend one that they've successfully used on anything else other than WhatsApp?

Other than the above I'm really enjoying using my x3.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try moving the ringtones to your pc. Select the file and type RINGTONE in the GENRE entry. Copy it back to your ringtone folder on your phone and see if it shows in the list.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Try moving the ringtones to your pc. Select the file and type RINGTONE in the GENRE entry. Copy it back to your ringtone folder on your phone and see if it shows in the list.

HP Recommended

for #2 are you saying that Cortana only reads alout your texts when driving mode is turned OFF?

no wonder I've been having that problem

HP Recommended
I've reported it to HP and am awaiting a reply.
HP Recommended
I copied the ringtones from the x3 to my PC as suggested & then back again, it worked. I suspect they call it a 'feature' but why you can't just download them from OneDrive to the ringtone folder is annoying, perhaps it's something they can look at in the future.
HP Recommended
I've confirmed that Driving mode isn't working as expected when compared to the previous version (WP 8.1), it's currently blocking all interaction with Cortana. I have reported it to HP & am awaiting a reply.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.