Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Don't need any help but wanted to provide some feedback ...

My HP 8600 Plus printer has been great but the ADF part on it has failed today.  Too expensive to have it repaired so I went to buy a replacement printer.  Would have been glad to purchase another one just the same but of course they are no longer available.  To my dismay the only one available that is really comparable for my needs is the HP 8730.  The problem with it is 1) it's about $100 more than I paid for the 8600 a couple of years ago (based on some functionality I don't need) 2) its not available in any store around so I had to order it and wait for a week to get it and 3) it is WHITE ... no other options available and in that color it looks like a big "white elephant" sitting on my credenza.  All in all it will probabaly work fine but every time I look at it (which is everytime I go into my home office) I'll think ugly.  Really think HP should have thought this white color through before making it the only option.  Really a poor choice from my perspective.  All of my other equipment is black and now I will have the white piece to content with.  Keeping it clean will be an issues as well.   Hopefully HP will rethinking this before my new printer breaks down so I can get a black one next time.

Not very happy with the HP decision.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are many HP 86xx printers around now and they are in darker (not realy black) color.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04085902

My loan printer is an HP 8620, it is not old.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.