Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

With the recent restructuring of HP, the various Web sites containing legacy Digital / DEC / Compaq Information no longer seem to be accessible.

Are these sites still available?

If not are there any plans to make them available.?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @ThalesMan

That's a pretty broad question, and I'm not sure what products or websites you are asking about. DEC was a long time ago in 1998 and Compaq was in 2002. As far as I can remember, all products, services and sites were integrated into HP branded sites a long time ago.

But a little twist for you, in November 2015 Hewlett Packard LLC. split into two companies, one focused on products, HP Inc. (this company) and one focused on Services and Software, Hewlett Packard Enterprise - https://www.hpe.com/us/en/home.html

What sites are you refering to so I can try to direct you.

Bill_F

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi Bill_F,

Yes, I was aware of the changes in HP as this has caused me the problems of DEC / Digital / Compaq Sites available pre Nov 2015 which have now been removed.

However, that is all in the past.

To address the present ...

The information I am looking for is to support a 20+ year old user-base of a variaety of Digital Unix Systems.

Hardware Platforms are: AlphaServer 2100s, 1200s, DS20s

AlphaStation 200s, 300s, PWS au 4/5/600s, XP900s, DS10s

StorageWorks Disk Chassis

2.1GB, 4.3GB 9.1GB 18.2GB Narrow & Wide & Ultra SCSI Disks

This also includes Firmware for the above.

Operating Systems are: Digital Unix / Tru64 Unix from 3.2G through  to 5.1B (although I am aware that releases Pre 5.1A were not supported even recently)

Network Hardware : DECServers, DECHubs, DECSwitches, LANCE & Tulip NICs etc. (again I realise that these were sold off to Digital Networks years ago - although the University of Rome used to have a good FTP Mirror Site at

http://ftp.uniroma2.it/Digital/compaq/archives/networks until fairly recently)

In addition, I would find the links to the original QuickSpecs useful, as quite often we are asked to provide spares for these Legacy Systems.

Thanks for your help in advance

Terry_H@ThalesMan

HP Recommended

@ThalesMan

Well, you won't like my response. We don't have that information, and I'm guessing that Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not going to either. 

The Server division moved to Hewlett Packard Enterprise, so I have no resources in HP Inc. to be able to get that information for you. Your only other option would be to check with them, here is the link to their forums, I 'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

https://community.hpe.com/

bill

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi Bill_F,

OK, thanks for the advice & cheers for corresponding anyway.

Terry_H@ThalesMan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.