Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook folio g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Here is exactly what happened to my brand new elitebook;

- worked fine 5 or 6 times without thunderbolt 3 docking station.
-plugged docking station in for first time, the docking station was already hooked up to TV screen via a hdmi cable with displayport adaptor on
-after going through the standard new device permissions, it worked on the TV for a few seconds.
-computer had to "shut down after experiencing problem"
-every time I try and start laptop now I wait whilst it tries to repair itself.
-"automatic repair couldn't repair your PC"
- it offers to go to advanced options but otherwise I turn off and start again.
- have tried rebooting , didn't work.

Help please!! Can't believe it, this ha barely been out of box.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi Buddy,

It will be my pleasure helping you
The issue can happen because of a hardware or software issue
To find out whether if it is a hardware issue or software issue
Follow the steps
Once the computer is turned off
Press and hold the F2 key and press the power key once to power on the computer
Keep holding F2
In less than a minute you will be in HP hardware diagnostic UEFI
Click on component test then on hard drive then quick test and run once if it's a hard drive issue it will give you the result there only
If test fails then you would have to replace the hard drive
If the test passes you can perform a system recovery which will reload the operating system and will resolve all software issue
To perform system recovery please follow the link

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.