Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I normally don't complain about things on a forum. I understand with a company as large as HP, there will always be people asking to solve issues, and so I understand it taking a while for people to get back to me.

However, there is definitive proof that a mod/admin has viewed my topic, as posts were merged. Am I upset about the merging? No, I would've done it myself on the forum I am a mod on, however, there is one important thing I would've done differently. I would try to help the person in any way I could. Even if I myself was unfamiliar with anything that was being asked, I would've tried pointing the person in the right direction. Even if the information pointed to wasn't necessarily the solution, it showed that people were trying to help resolve the issue. In addition, I am sure that there are staff members that would know the solution or know where to find the solution to the problem I am facing, yet I hear nothing. Not even a "Hey, I don't know the solution, but I know someone who might."

I guess what I am asking for is a little more feedback. A little bit more user interaction. I'm not sure if the admins/mods here volunteer to do this or not, but even so, you guys are the admins. Whether or not you believe it, people look up to you. It's a simple fact of the internet.

I hope the admins/mods here truly take this message to heart and try to change the way they do stuff. I think it would be a great improvement over where it is at right now, and I think it will raise consumer satisfaction.

Because where I sit, I am not very satisfied. I have been waiting for far over a week to get this answered, yet no reply. That isn't the main thing I am upset about though (A little salty? Yes, of course.). But the fact that a person with the power to moderate the threads would remove bumps on my thread without even 1-acknowledging the fact and 2-trying to help resolve my issue.

The fact of the matter is this: Do I choose YOU, or your competitor? As of right now, here is where I stand: I KNOW that the competitor's board works perfectly with what I want as of right now, and I KNOW everything is compatible without issue. Your board works for what I want it to be in the future, so I want to choose your board instead, however, I am unsure of the compatibility, and I don't want to waste money, because as an up-and-coming college student, I don't have a lot of it.

I hope this really does show the true effect of how the current ways of things is working out for you.

Thank you for your time to read this wall of ranting,
FAQBytes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am not a forum moderator, but I did just move your post to a more applicable section of the forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-POS-Systems/bd-p/Business-P...

When HP split into two companies on August 1st, they locked all of the threads on the Enterprise Business Community Support forum where folks that owned a HP business workstation normally would have posted a question such as yours.

However, they did move this one area to the current PC/printer support forum, where hopefully someone may be able to answer your questions.

I am very well versed in the standard HP business desktops like the dc7xxx and Elite 8xxx series, but I have zero knowledge about business workstations, so unfortunately, I can't be of direct assistance to you.

How this forum works...

This is a peer to peer forum, and no one can respond on behalf of HP.  HP maintains no official presence on this forum.

A forum moderator has never asked me to see if I can help someone.

The moderators enforce the rules of participation, which you can review below. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

I came across your post above, and provided the best assistance I can under the circumstances.

Check some of the posts on the above business workstation section of the forum, and look for folks that have responded to a lot of posts regarding the workstations, and send them a private message asking them to take a look at your post.

This one forum member for example, seems to have a pretty good understanding of the Z-Workstations and I'm sure there are several others.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/316

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am not a forum moderator, but I did just move your post to a more applicable section of the forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-POS-Systems/bd-p/Business-P...

When HP split into two companies on August 1st, they locked all of the threads on the Enterprise Business Community Support forum where folks that owned a HP business workstation normally would have posted a question such as yours.

However, they did move this one area to the current PC/printer support forum, where hopefully someone may be able to answer your questions.

I am very well versed in the standard HP business desktops like the dc7xxx and Elite 8xxx series, but I have zero knowledge about business workstations, so unfortunately, I can't be of direct assistance to you.

How this forum works...

This is a peer to peer forum, and no one can respond on behalf of HP.  HP maintains no official presence on this forum.

A forum moderator has never asked me to see if I can help someone.

The moderators enforce the rules of participation, which you can review below. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

I came across your post above, and provided the best assistance I can under the circumstances.

Check some of the posts on the above business workstation section of the forum, and look for folks that have responded to a lot of posts regarding the workstations, and send them a private message asking them to take a look at your post.

This one forum member for example, seems to have a pretty good understanding of the Z-Workstations and I'm sure there are several others.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/316

HP Recommended
That is a very interesting way of running a forum... And thank you very much for you moving it to a more applicable area.

I guess that is something I missed when skimming through all the pinned topics. Interesting that wasn't clarified more.

Thank you for clearing that up and assisting me.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully someone will provide the answers you are looking for.

I am not familiar with the requirements of these new video cards on the market.

There are some that require a certain PC BIOS version, and I don't know how you check to make sure the BIOS in your PC is compatible with the newest cards out there.

I am still on the Radeon HD 6670 as my most recent card in my 8200 Elite CMT.

HP Recommended
I know it is possible as there are users on user benchmark that have the z800 motherboard with an r9 290x, so it is possible.

If you want to discuss this further, we can do so in the other thread.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.