Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I believe my son's laptop is doing backups on E drive which is where the HP tools are & backups of his C drive. There are 8 zipped attachments so it's in the red.

We've purchased about 11 HP Products because you make them to order which is why I have a Windows 7 (down - but I think it's Microsoft's issue since my tablet was locked up as soon as my HP was. Anyway, LOVE the Officejet 8610 but not the instant ink so much.

Back to the issue ... Do I need to put some of the zip files on a DVD or USB?

Thanks,
Chell205
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, remove any of the back-up files and then change the destination for future back-ups.

If you're concerned about whether any of the remaining files should be in the HP_TOOLS partition or not, post back with the file names.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Some large portable data banks are on sale at affordable prices.  I normally backup and do disk cleanup to optimise the disk space. Some large programs that are not used can be uninstalled / deleted as well. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.