Question

Student
heygccom
Message 1 of 5 (16,810 Views)
Accepted Solution

Warranty support by serial number?

Other PC OEMs are able to provide warranty support by the unit S/N. Where, if anywhere, does HP have this on their site?
Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 5 (16,814 Views)

Re: Warranty support by serial number?

Try HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Master's Graduate
WendyM
Message 3 of 5 (13,525 Views)

Student
jnicita
Message 4 of 5 (4,541 Views)

So, I have about 300 servers that I need to check warranty "end" date on, a compilation from all our data centers. I cant believe that your system doesnt allow lookup by serial number, all the g6 and g7 385's have 10 digit serial numbers like USE022N74K, every other server manufacture in our data center, a simple serial number is enough to get warranty info on, but all I can get back from your site is a need for a product ID? Do you use the same serial numbers with different product ID's? Why else would that be manadatory?

Please provide a way to get info with only a 10 character serial number please.

Thanks

Retired
OrnahP
Message 5 of 5 (4,540 Views)

Hello

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products.

You may have a better response at the forums for business support, if you'd like to give them a try:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support

Thank you,

OrnahE
HP Support Forums Moderator

jnicita wrote:

So, I have about 300 servers that I need to check warranty "end" date on, a compilation from all our data centers. I cant believe that your system doesnt allow lookup by serial number, all the g6 and g7 385's have 10 digit serial numbers like USE022N74K, every other server manufacture in our data center, a simple serial number is enough to get warranty info on, but all I can get back from your site is a need for a product ID? Do you use the same serial numbers with different product ID's? Why else would that be manadatory?

Please provide a way to get info with only a 10 character serial number please.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

:smileyhappy: Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
:smileyhappy: When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation