The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 1 (428 Views)

msn.com non-responsive after Sleep

HP Touchsmart All in One 610-1115uk. 

After months of enduring problems with Microsoft Edge (my default - msn.com   non responsive) not waking up after sleep, and needing a System Restart to overcome the problem, I seemed to have found my answer by pure chance; Google Chrome and the rest of the PC functioning correctly, but exasperatingly slowly.  Over the months I performed the System File Checker (SFC) scan with nothing ever shown as a problem.  I'd changed from Norton to Kaspersky Total Security software and thought that was the problem as the PC started playing up just after I installed that, but that also coincided with a Windows10 upgrade and a Power Adapter failure.

I checked many forums for answers to the problem, followed their suggestions with no success.  

I also run IBM Trusteer Rapport software which is compatible with my Security software. I decided to reinstall that software last week as I rarely ever use a site which required it, so hadn't checked for updates on it; as soon as the IBM Trusteer  Rapport reinstall completed, Microsoft Edge (msn.com) started without a problem, and has worked correctly ever since: waking up from sleep without any issues.  My computer speed has dramatically increased, it is like a new computer again.  My e mail program which was forever slowing up to save drafts, seems to have gained a new lease of life.  I am hopeful that this improvement will continue, so although it may not solve everyone's problems, reinstalling IBM Trusteer Rapport  certainly seems to have solved mine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation