Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After a Windows Update, I noticed that when I click on the "Windows Logo" soft key (at the bottom left corner of the screen) the menu doesn't come up. When I click on the "Internet Explorer" soft key, a Window appears for a second and then disappears. The only thing that I was able to get was my file explorer. This was the case on both of my monitors. (Your HP is my primary monitor and my Acer is monitor #2.) When I shut off my HP monitor, the Acer acts as the primary monitor everything works fine. In the past, when the monitor acted up, I have updated the driver and everything worked fine. I would like some assistance with this and don't think that such odd behavior that the monitor is displaying would be listed.  I also wondering why when my HP monitor is on, it effects the functions of my other monitor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In the past, updating the driver worked to correct abnormalities the monitor displayed.    When I attempted to update the driver, I was unsuccessful.  I had my HP monitor turned off during those attempts.  If I turned the monitor on, I would lose control of most functions on both of my monitors.  I  also realized that I had failed to unplug the monitor, itself.   After unplugging and waiting 30 seconds, I plugged the HP monitor back in.  I had the driver update ready to install.  I turned the monitor on while initiating the installion of the driver update.   Happily, the combination of turning on the monitor and starting the update installation almost simultaniously did not effort the control of my computers functions alowing the update to installed and corrected the problems!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

In the past, updating the driver worked to correct abnormalities the monitor displayed.    When I attempted to update the driver, I was unsuccessful.  I had my HP monitor turned off during those attempts.  If I turned the monitor on, I would lose control of most functions on both of my monitors.  I  also realized that I had failed to unplug the monitor, itself.   After unplugging and waiting 30 seconds, I plugged the HP monitor back in.  I had the driver update ready to install.  I turned the monitor on while initiating the installion of the driver update.   Happily, the combination of turning on the monitor and starting the update installation almost simultaniously did not effort the control of my computers functions alowing the update to installed and corrected the problems!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.