Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Has anyone received an type of response from HP via PM about these issues?

HP Recommended
No not jet, I think it takes time to contact the correct team that can work on this issue
HP Recommended

Any updates?  HP??  My return date is aproaching and I want to see what your guys response is going to be. 

HP Recommended
Still no pm here, or public statement
HP Recommended

Guys - I have received an official response from HP by way of a phone call. I was literally told to return the monitor and buy a high refresh rate panel WITHOUT GSYNC from a different company like Benq or something. HP has reached out to Nvidia and Nvidia has not responded at all.

Their Omen support team, like many of us, have concluded that it is a physical issue with the Gsync chip itself and there is nothing HP can do about the situation. Bad news, but they literally said to return their product and buy something else...

HP Recommended
That is crazy. Still I don't think it is a major issue for me. I don't see it in game. Only at pause screens etc. It is definitely not a deal breaker for me. The display is otherwise gorgeous except for some minor back light bleed. In game with Gsync is silky smooth for me.
HP Recommended
Also the flickering seems to be a normal thing for Gsync. The monitors are not defective. Look here:

http://techreport.com/news/27449/g-sync-monitors-flicker-in-some-games-and-here-why
HP Recommended

I'm in the same boat. I am getting nowhere with support and have to send my monitor back by the 21st of this month (April). I might hold onto it for a couple more days, but from what I'm reading I can't believe that the cost of this monitor is as high as it is and there are rampant issues...

HP Recommended

@RadDoctor wrote:
Also the flickering seems to be a normal thing for Gsync. The monitors are not defective. Look here:

http://techreport.com/news/27449/g-sync-monitors-flicker-in-some-games-and-here-why

This simply is not true. I just bought an Acer x34 to compare to the Omen x35, and I can personally confirm the flickering issues present on the Omen do NOT exist on the Acer x34.

Because of this, I will likely be returning the Omen on Friday. Very disappointed in HPs reposnse. They should be pressuring Nvidia for answers, and racing to urgently fix such a luxury item.

HP Recommended

One thing to consider is that the 35" vs 34" needs different calculation. I'm wondering if this is part of the problem with the drivers... I've heard of other people complaining about other 35" monitors flickering as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.