Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen X 35
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just received my Omen X 35 display. I have been through every menu in the OSD and I cannot find a specific setting for brightness and contrast. All I can seem to find is a setting called Luminance. Anyone else noticing this as well?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@chelch wrote:

So I just received my Omen X 35 display. I have been through every menu in the OSD and I cannot find a specific setting for brightness and contrast. All I can seem to find is a setting called Luminance. Anyone else noticing this as well?

On screen display

Brightness, Contrast, Color Control, Input Control, Image Control, Power Control, Menu Control, Management, Language, Volume, Information, Exit • Monitor Control Buttons: Menu, Minus ("-"), Plus ("+") /Input Control, OK/Auto, Power

It should be there under Luminance or the Menu option.  I just set up a 5K monitor and the Luminance option controlled the brightness.

HP Recommended

Nope, it's not there. You must be looking at a different monitor. I got my Omen X 35 as well and it has no brightness or contrast (or gamma) settings. Only Luminance.

HP Recommended

I literally just came in to this forum looking for this. I wanted to calibrate and you can't touch sharpness, gamma, contrast (other than adaptive and off). Why the hell would they not have this?

HP Recommended

I already returned the monitor due to some nasty flickering in games. Quite dissappointed. How does HP not see this during testing of this product before releasing it????

HP Recommended
I have some flickering when in game setting menus which I thought was weird. In game everything is smooth. I tried with Doom, Forza Horizon 3 (need to turn off blur) and RealFlight 7.5. I have never seen RealFlight move so smooth. It really feels real to me now. I am still holding out my final opinion though. I have some minor backlight issues which is to be expected but NOTHING like the X34 issues I have seen. I just wish the Samsung Gsync CF791 or X34P were out already.
HP Recommended

Hey people i've opened an official thread for the flickering problem, pls subscribe and follow the thread, someone sayd to me that this flickering issue should be driver issue?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Accessories/Omen-X-35-Flickering-Issue/m-p/6055344

follow the rabbit 😄

HP Recommended
I have the same flickering problem. Very visible in Mass Effect Andromeda during dialog​ scenes. HP Omen X 35 with EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2.
HP Recommended
I suppose it maybe a Gsync issue related to VA panels with cut scenes and setting screens since they are low frame rate? I don't see it in most games and that is all that matters. Either way this monitor is beautiful and I am keeping it.
HP Recommended
It happens at 60+ fps; I don't believe Andromeda dialog scenes are pre-rendered or cut scenes. The monitor is indeed beautiful, but issues like these in a $1,300 monitor are unacceptable.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.