Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (917 Views)

RE: OMEN 32 Freesync mode permanently

Product Name: OMEN 32 monitor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was wondering if there is a way to permanently turn on FreeSync.  Yesterday, I used the quick menu to select "Gaming - Free Sync".  The screen stated it was on and AMD's Catalyst Menu stated it was on as well.  Today, when logged into Windows 7, the monitor stated it was off on the top left screen.  I verified it was off with the Catalyst.  I pressed the monitor button for the quick menu and it already on the "Gaming - Free Sync" mode.  The HP monitor screen does not provide an easy way to do this neither.

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (891 Views)

Re: RE: OMEN 32 Freesync mode permanently

Hello@Justifiedone,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you want to disable the AMD FreeSync app. I will definitely help you.

I request you to follow the steps below and check if that you can disable the FreeSync app.

• Perform the following steps to enable AMD FreeSync setting:
  • Navigate to the Windows desktop.
  • Right-click the Windows desktop and select the AMD Radeon setting.
  • Select the Display tab and choose AMD FreeSync.
  • Click AMD FreeSync to change the setting to On.
  • Close AMD FreeSync settings.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (856 Views)

As I stated, I tried that method.  For Free-Sync to work, it has to be set to Gaming mode apparently.  Otherwise, the other modes do not support Free-Sync.  I resolved the issue by selecting another mode then going back to Gaming - Free Sync mode.  This enabled the AMD Radeon Settings to show an enabled FreeSync.  I guess if this ever happens again, I will just switch it back to another then back to Gaming.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (849 Views)

Hi@Justifiedone,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that you were able to fix the issue all by yourself. “Kudos” to you.

You can reach out to HP support Forums for any assistance you may need regarding the HP products.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation