Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
I recently bought a hp 25er monitor to go beautifully with my new hp omen tower. But then I got home and the monitor wouldn't display anything coming from the tower. It kept saying check video source or input but when I hooked up my PlayStation it worked just fine. Any help please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I ended up finding out if you put the hdmi cord into the hdmi 1 port it won't work but if you put the hdmi cord into the hdmi port above the two labeled it'll work thanks for thit support

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Jay671,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are getting an error message "check video source or input" after connecting a new hp 25er monitor to your HP Omen computer.

This issue could occur if the cable connections are not secure or the cable is defective.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below: 

1. HP Flat Panel LCD Monitors - Monitor is Blank

2. Monitor Displays Message about No Signal

If the issue still persists, then try replacing the monitor cable.

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
@Rainbow23 I'm having the same issue as @Jay671, and I referred to the second link you put in your response for help. I've used the HDMI with another computer, and it worked fine with my monitor. Therefore, I believe the display resolution is incompatible with my omen desktop. However, I don't know what to do to fix this problem. I need some help.
HP Recommended

@toolug,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP 25er 25-inch Display wherein the display resolution is incompatible with your omen desktop.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit and the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Finding Your HP Product Model Number

2. Windows Operating System or Mac Operating System 

In the meantime, let's try these steps:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the display drivers from device manager.

2. Update the BIOS, using this link: Updating the BIOS

3. Try enabling low video resolution from Step 6 of the link: http://hp.care/2ikFhEp

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
@Rainbow23 The product number is V9B15AA#ABA and the model number is 870-115se. The operating is Windows 10. I don't have any drivers installed yet since I just got the desktop and monitor today, and the input problem is keeping me from doing that. All I can see is the box saying "Input Signal Not Found: Check the video cable and video source" on my monitor. Also, I don't have another monitor at my disposal. All I have is a laptop.
HP Recommended

@toolug,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the display settings are not correct.

Hence, I request you to connect the monitor to your laptop with the HDMI cable and then change the display resolution to  4096x2160x24 bpp. Then connect the monitor to your Omen Desktop and check if it receives signals.

If the issue persists, try connecting to the desktop to the monitor with a VGA cable to check if the HDMI port on the desktop is fine.

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
@Rainbow23 I did what you said and it didn't work. I also contacted customer support and they said the computer and monitor might not be compatible. Is there anyway to get around this, or will I have to return the monitor and get a new one?
HP Recommended

@toolug,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
I ended up finding out if you put the hdmi cord into the hdmi 1 port it won't work but if you put the hdmi cord into the hdmi port above the two labeled it'll work thanks for thit support
HP Recommended

@toolug,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved after connecting the HDMI cable to port 2.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.