Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 700-002 nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i just bought a new Omen 870-002 nf. Yesterday i had trouble with my monitor and the HDMI cable when i launched my pc for the first Time. After a few try, the pc finally detected my monitor. I could install Windows 10 x64, differents softwares and everything worked fine.

Today i tried to launch the pc but I encountered the same problem again. After 30 minutes of plugging in and out the HDMI cable my monitor IS finally detected. But the only thing i can see Is the Omen logo. It s been like This for an hour now and nothing happens when i touch my keyboard.

What Is the problem ? Is it safe to turn off the computer ? Could it be a poWer supply problem?

Thanks for tout Quick reply.

PS : I live in France by the way, but I thought that the Support forum would be quicker to answer rather than waiting 24h to contact the support in France

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MD19931o,

Good Day! Thanks for reaching out! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance regarding boot and HDMI issues with the computer.  I’ll be delighted to assist you. 🙂

At the outset, you have done a terrific job on diagnosing the issue correctly. I am really impressed at your troubleshooting skills and levels of technical expertise. Hats off to you on that score! It is always a genuine pleasure to work with tech-savvy customers like you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you run diagnostics on the machine to isolate any hardware failure?
  • Did you try with a different HDMI cable?
  • Have you powered down the unit and tried to restart it and check what happens?

For starters please power down the computer. Then to ensure that the hardware is fully functional, please run complete system diagnostics from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

If the diagnostics pass you could perform a system recovery to factory settings from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-15-j100-Select-Edition-Notebook-PC-series/6521373/model/... and follow the option “Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly “

If diagnostics fail, please contact Hp phone support tog et the unit serviced. 

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

You could also return the unit for a replacement if it hs been purchased directly from HP. You get a 30-day return

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @MD19931o,

Good Day! Thanks for reaching out! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance regarding boot and HDMI issues with the computer.  I’ll be delighted to assist you. 🙂

At the outset, you have done a terrific job on diagnosing the issue correctly. I am really impressed at your troubleshooting skills and levels of technical expertise. Hats off to you on that score! It is always a genuine pleasure to work with tech-savvy customers like you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you run diagnostics on the machine to isolate any hardware failure?
  • Did you try with a different HDMI cable?
  • Have you powered down the unit and tried to restart it and check what happens?

For starters please power down the computer. Then to ensure that the hardware is fully functional, please run complete system diagnostics from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

If the diagnostics pass you could perform a system recovery to factory settings from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-15-j100-Select-Edition-Notebook-PC-series/6521373/model/... and follow the option “Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly “

If diagnostics fail, please contact Hp phone support tog et the unit serviced. 

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

You could also return the unit for a replacement if it hs been purchased directly from HP. You get a 30-day return

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help! Apparently the problem came from the HDMI cable. I just turned off the computer manually and tried waiting 5 minutes before plugging in the HDMI ans everything worked perfectly. It was just a problem of HDMI détection After all. I will try tout run the diagnosis on tour link tout see if everything IS fine.

Thanks again for your help and your Quick reply.

Problem solved!
HP Recommended

Hi @MD19931o,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution and for your super quick response. It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you and share this platform with you. 🙂 I hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

everytime i try to buy the recovery media disk/usb, it goes threw all the steps then at the end it just takes me to the support page and nothing happens my money wasnt taken when i check and it keeps doing that any help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.