Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ax012nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I think that I have big problem on my graphic card, settings. I download a game called The Hunter and the review/video say that it should be the best game with most beautiful graphics... I have an OMEN by HP Laptop with a GEFORCE GTX 970 and when i started the game the quality/graphics were pretty bad!!! First i tried on Full Ultra but it was so laggy then I did Full High graphics but its still bad!!! My friends have this game and a GTX 660 and its works perfectly on Full Ultra!! And it does the same thing for almost all my games! So i hope you will understand and help me with my big problem! Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

This web site (Can You Run it) is pretty good at checking your PC specs for playing games.

Your PC specs show GTX 960 M with 4GB GDDR5 which is good and should run gam okay.

I would check graphics driver. See if you have current NVIDIA version and run at defaults.

You also have DDR4 2133 RAM and decent moble processor.

Test your PC by download free 3Dmark Basic Edition and run stress tests.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advices! I have check everything for my GTX 960, and everything is right... But its sill doesnt work, i have a powerful pc thats why i bought it, and the graphics in the games are not good... so i dont know what to do...

HP Recommended

Hello

Did you install 3DMark, install benchmarks, and then run stress tests using benchmarks?

You have Unigine Vally Benchmark on PC from HP. Run this. Download Prime 95 zip version and only run test to check processor and RAM.

I would contact HP for help.

Could be problem with processor, RAM, or graphics card, or network speed.

You have super fast 256 PCIe M.2 SSD and 1TB SATA HDD.

What is free space on M.2 drive and if install games where are they? Should be on 1TB HDD.

If streaming games then how fast is network conection?

Grzy

HP Recommended

Don't try to compare a NVIDIA GTX 660 desktop board to an internal laptop graphics processor. It's apples and oranges.

Check out this comparison between the GTX 660 and the NVIDIA GTX 970m.

BTW--resolutions beyond 1920 by 1080 and you are in for a big performance drop.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.