Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All

I have the above model PC (Product No xl510av) and would like to upgrade my graphics as they seem slow and jerky when gaming.

Am I right in thinking that the grahics card is integrated with the processor or is there a seperate upgrade for this?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @antipasti :

The product number you posted indicates that you have the SFF version of the 8200 Elite, and the build sheet shows that it has the onboard Intel graphics.

As Dave wrote, there isn't much you can do with that rig...especially the SFF, which only has a 240W non upgradable power supply.

However, you can improve the graphics a little bit by adding a discrete video card.

I recommend the AMD Radeon HD 6450 low profile card, which was offered as an optional graphics card on the 8200 Elite SFF models.

You can also go with a nVidia GT 610 or GT 710 which will also work with the 240 W power supply.

I don't know what games you play on your PC, but if the graphics is lagging just a bit, any of the cards I mentioned above would be an improvement over the onboard Intel HD 2000 graphics adapter.

Just make sure whatever video card you plan to buy is low profile and comes with the low profile mounting brackets in the box.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Paul,

Don't waste your efforts or money on trying to make the 8200 a modern gaming PC. It's not going to happen with the SFF or even with the other cases.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi, @antipasti :

The product number you posted indicates that you have the SFF version of the 8200 Elite, and the build sheet shows that it has the onboard Intel graphics.

As Dave wrote, there isn't much you can do with that rig...especially the SFF, which only has a 240W non upgradable power supply.

However, you can improve the graphics a little bit by adding a discrete video card.

I recommend the AMD Radeon HD 6450 low profile card, which was offered as an optional graphics card on the 8200 Elite SFF models.

You can also go with a nVidia GT 610 or GT 710 which will also work with the 240 W power supply.

I don't know what games you play on your PC, but if the graphics is lagging just a bit, any of the cards I mentioned above would be an improvement over the onboard Intel HD 2000 graphics adapter.

Just make sure whatever video card you plan to buy is low profile and comes with the low profile mounting brackets in the box.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.