Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 900-077na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I bought a new Omen PC through the HP Online Store.  It arrived yesterday.  However have had absolutely no joy at all in getting it to work.  The machine powers up but does not provide any form of display.  I connected it to my Pioneer Plasma TV through the HDMI connection.  I know that works by the way as my old Envy machine has worked for years that way and through absolute frustration that's how I am posting the message right now and using my old machine!

Yesterday I conducted a webchat with the HP support folks and tried all available HDMI sockets on the box.  Have also followed instructions to check that the video cards appear to be correctly sited - no visible problem there.  Any other suggestions or do I need to return this box to HP and get a replacemernt?

I originally posted this on another part of the forum but now recognise this might be a more appropriate place for it

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the club of "over-satisfied OMEN users" , My is hp OMENX 900-000nx powered by nvidia GTX1080 

Regarding the HDMI port I had similar encounter .
First I plugged in my HDMI ..nothing ...no picture on my LG Flat ??? ..OK turning on and of the TV didn’t do a thing but then I hot unplug  and replug again few times and ups!..here we go . What happened ??? no idea ..it works .

Then I was doing some cleaning...unplugged everything by that I mena cabels only including HDMI ..when I put it back  same thing happened...so I had a different cable on one side  DIPLAY PORT other HDMI , plugged in and itworked ...I try few unplugging and re-plugging worked every time. 

Then I get back to my HDM put it in turn on the OMEN ..nothing ????? **bleep** ?? then I hot plug it 2 -3 times and suddenly it appeared ..don’t know what that issue is to be honest . 

If you can get DISPLAY PORT to HDMI cable you can use this one you won’t notice any difference though Im not sure if you’ll get audio as far as I know the Audio doesn’t go through DISPLAY PORT for me that wasn’t an issue as I have a 5.1 system plugged optical.

I also tried different HDMI 1.4 ordinary and very expensive 2.0 MONSTER HDMI cable I thought maybe the HDMI cable that I used before was bad or I don’t know what ..but turned out the same for all HDMI cables.

Try that hot plugging maybe it will work for you as it works for me ..however I’m now a little uncomfortable to unplug that thing but eventually I will have to .

And question is now , is this Nvidia related problem (GTX1080/1070)  or HP  ?

HP Recommended

Hello,
I have the same problem with the HDMI port on my HP Omen 17-w102nl bought in early March, and I think it's also related to various windows upgrades (f...!!) since after I did 'Update to the Creator Update version, the hdmi port decided to stop working properly (before i did the update it worked perfectly with 4K resolution!).

My sony bravia 4K TV is recognized and I get a video output only in "screen duplication" (in screen settings) at only 1080 (because of my max laptop resolution).

If I try to change between the different modes I get only a black screen with a barely visible greenish gradient ...

I have not tried yet your "workaround" to hot unplug  and replug the cable but i'think this is weird ...

If anyone has had the same problem let us know, you will see if there is a solution.

Hi everyone from Rome and apologize to my poor English!

HP Recommended

Greetings @marco_mac,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting display on your TV only when you duplicate the display and you do not get display when you extend the display. (4K resolution is missing.)

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried to update the graphics driver from Nvidia website?

Recommend you make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers. Click here. 

If the issue persists, uninstall Nvidia driver from your computer and install it directly from Nvidia website and check if it resolves the issue.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have updated both the bios of my HP Omen w107nl and the nvidia drivers to version 382.05 (from the nvidia website), but without success.

I finally solved the problem!!!

After I did a test on a non-4K TV and found that all the modes worked well (duplication, extension, etc ..), I realized that the problem was my Android TV :indifferent: 

Solution?

A setting for the hdmi port on my sony bravia 4K ANDROID (49X8005c)!!!

:OpenSmile:

Settings -> HDMI ports (or external inputs?) -> Hdmi signal format -> changed from Standard to Improves the hdmi 4K signal format and VOILA'

Maybe the last update/fix to the marshmallow version of android tv have put this setting because before this update everything was working correctly.

Thanks anyway

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear the issue is resolved. I am not aware of the settings on the TV. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.