Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Forget Alienware been there and also disapointed ,I found most OC freindly to be MSI before I bought OMEN X  I had and still have msi GT72 2QE Dominator Pro and from MSI right on spot OCing with developed tools by MSI and the support is awesome , I was caught up by the OMEN X design and OK it is a powerfull machine but HP sux same way likeAlienware actualy more as ALIENWARE atleast support OCing in some regard  however ...boy!! they are sloooooooooooooooow in developing drivers , tools , updating and very soon your TOP GEAR feels outdated and without support . 

HP Recommended

I put too much trust into HP when buying this thing. HP is known for hiding details and restricting users. I assumed with such a "epic" gaming machine made for enthusiasts, they would give people the freedom to do as they please with their machine. But apparently not, they're stuck to their old ways.

HP Recommended

I thought I would chime in and also say that you are limited in overclocking on these machines simply with thermal limits.

A unless you use software like fan speed, you cannot control the fans via BIOS. I have the 900-071a which comes with 2x GTX1080s and the way the set up the CPU watercooling AIO runs at about 80c+ under load, you will not get better thermals unless you completely replace the AIO watercooling unit to one that can handle the temp coming out of their machine.

And as such will void your warranty. So in terms of overclocking, you are limited by the BIOS (the Omen X has zero overclocking features on the BIOS at all) and you are limited with the hardware that comes with the unit.

I am considering gutting my Omen X and using the components that are good ( HDD's / GFX cards / CPU ) and just rebuilding a new PC.

To be honest I personally think it is a clear cut case of false advertising from HP. Stating you can overclock their machines when absolutely everything works against you. Warranty voiding, lack of support, lack of proper hardware and a Bios with zero tweaking options.

HP Recommended
You nailed it ! Shame on hp and Omen team they should take some classes from msi . I cant belive they are unable to do atleast more advanced Omen control app , and that Bios has to be rewriten and developed with more control.
2 mayor tasks for Omen team:
1. Develop more OC friendly bios with voltage and fan control
2. Develop a proper advanced Omen Control panel with software OC capabilities , fan control , led control, monitoring and on screen display capabilities, with profiles that can be added to specific app , desktop or game .
However Im mot sure they actualy paing attention to all of this .
HP Recommended

It's HP, they have no business in gaming. I wish some other company owned Voodoo, maybe AMD? I don't know who should have it, thought team red was fitting for it. One thing I do know is, HP should not have Voodoo, imo they're ruining Voodoo.

HP Recommended
In my oppinion they got part of it right , design of the case I love it , love 45 deegre mobo position , chambered design , quck hdd slots , very good components , teaming up with steelsereies ,all good and then they fail miserable in the whole gaming agenda , lack of propper support and developed tools / bios and communication. They dont listen to customers at all as no one even bother to replay here with some proper answer wht they planing to do something or nothing .
HP Recommended
I have purchased a Kraken x52 AIO to see if it can tame the thermal nightmare of the omen case with 2 GTX1080s. I am going to attempt to run the intel software to over clock.

Aiming for 4.6-4.8GHZ but we will see what is stable.
Will let you know how I go.

Btw for any omen x owner. Please for the love of god invest in a good static pressure fans. I replaced mine with corsair S120 performance editions. Still have no control over the speed I. BIOS and it looks like they only run at 900~1000rpm. And no where near the max of 2350rpm. That being said it is nice and quiet.

I am going for the NZXT Kraken as you can control the fans with the CAN software completely seperate from the PWM controls of the motherboard (or lack there of). So it allows more freedom for overclocking or at least getting decent thermals.
HP Recommended

in theory the aseteck should do the job just fine **bleep** they messed up its beyond my understnding . Actualy... they set the fan values to low , the trashold temp to high and no control over the fan's , BOLL0X !

HP Recommended
I would always put a 240 Rad on an i7 for the headroom. I have found better air coolers than 120 rad AIOs. But given you have 0 access to PWM controls, they probably wouldn't be anywhere near as good unless you get the old 3 pin and run them at max, which isn't a bad idea. If you are looking at replacing the AIO like I am go for one that doesn't use pwm control. The older corsair ones are good like the H105 or the new NZXT series. All of which use 3 pin fan headers so they will not utilise the aweful pwm settings that you can in no way alter.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice DX keep posting , hope this so called ~OMEN TEAM~ will learn somthing out of it .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.