Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Did you gut it?
HP Recommended

I don't know if the pic. I uploaded has been embedded properly or not but I installed MacOS Sierra on it lol

HP Recommended
Lol that would be the most high spec mac in the market I ber
HP Recommended

did hp personnel contact yoy and if they did plesase posi the message as i want to know more about it

THANKS

HP Recommended
HP won't contact you about overclocking.
Don't worry about it anyway. The omen is not capable of sustaining a reasonable overclock at least in stock configuration. You need to modify it heavily in either case HP will be quick to void your warranty.

I am currently in the process of going through consumer affairs for false advertising with the unit I bought.

If you want to over clock a machine, build your own. HP offer no support and flat out lie about overclocking capabilities of the omen units.
HP Recommended
Wish you luck and success , Im furious about hp and omen , bunch of lies they sell .
HP Recommended

They added proper overclocking now but for the new Omen as seen here. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/omendesktop/overview.html?jumpid=in_r11260_us/en/psg/gaming_pcs_h...

Scroll down some and you will see the screen for overclocking. They even have built in safe guards in place as well which is what I had suggested all along if they was so worried about offering REAL overclocking. 

People with older machines like us get stuck with turds that don't allow proper overclocking from with in the bios. 

I doubt it will work but you can try downloading the Omen command center which I believe allows overclocking.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/15776604/model...

HP Recommended
They could release a bios for omen X which would support Comand Center thats not s big deal for them , but the deliberately dont want to , all drivers , bios and tools are outdated and obsolite on the support page for Desktop X900 a shame for hp and more of OMEN TEAM.
HP Recommended

@Darko71 wrote:
They could release a bios for omen X which would support Comand Center thats not s big deal for them , but the deliberately dont want to , all drivers , bios and tools are outdated and obsolite on the support page for Desktop X900 a shame for hp and more of OMEN TEAM.

Totally agree with ya. The Omen gaming division is a joke. Its not run by real gamers that are passionate about the product at all. 

HP Recommended

Wow so I gave them the idea for the side panel window for the Omen and they didn't even credit me for it lmao. I was the first to put a side panel window on the omen and they offer me nothing. How about making it so those with the old Omen can overclock you insincere scumbags. 

IMO, they should send me one of the new cases for free and allow us to overclock the old models..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.