Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Draza47 wrote:
My question is, what is the purpose of HP doing this? Shouldn't it be obvious to them that this isn't what a gamer would want?

Its bonkers. Do you notice with every single Omen/Omen X reviews. They show these high end systems and not a one goes in depth about overclocking or talking about it with the machine. Because they are hiding this from customers. Lots of videos are sponsored by HP. So HP is sending them these units for free.

Free or not. If it was sent to me and I done a review. You bet I would be mentioning this in my review and to potential customers. Its pure crap HP says you must use Intel XTU to overclock instead of bios.  I have not made the video about this. But its coming. 

HP has had more then enough time to respond and they remain silent. That don't work with me as a paying customer. Like I said. They need to take a page out of Alienware's book. They allow proper overclocking with in the bios.

HP Recommended
All the reviews I've seen were the same. And youre right, none mentioned OCing. They all paid reviews, even LTTs video had nothing really negative to say. I love mine but it is far from perfect. I have a small list of my own gripes with the Omen X.
HP Recommended

@Draza47 wrote:
All the reviews I've seen were the same. And youre right, none mentioned OCing. They all paid reviews, even LTTs video had nothing really negative to say. I love mine but it is far from perfect. I have a small list of my own gripes with the Omen X.

Discuss if you don't mind? I would not mind enjoying reading from actual users that paid for it. Not a lot of buzz going on from real owners. Also. They hamper these machines out of the box as well. Turbo boost is disabled. You must go to the overclocking tab and disable overclocking.

Then the actual stock speeds kick in for "k" series chips. That is what I found with my 4790k. HP left overclocking enabled in bios setting all cores to 40. Instead of 44, 44, 43, 42 HP playing very dirty with the overclocking game here selling these machines.

HP Recommended
I would love to write a little review of it here, I'm at work currently and have a little over 4 hours left. Sometime tonight I'll write up a little review of it!
HP Recommended

@Draza47 wrote:
I would love to write a little review of it here, I'm at work currently and have a little over 4 hours left. Sometime tonight I'll write up a little review of it!

Awesome man. Looking forward to it! 

HP Recommended

My review of the Omen X! The Omen X.. Is it good? Is it worth the money? Who is this PC for?

IMO, this PC is not worth it for MOST people. The only reason I bought the Omen X was because I am a major VoodooPC fan and because I had the money for it and because I don't mind buying a prebuilt PC in special circumstances like this. Part of me wishes I had just bought the cooler and case seperately but at the end of the day, doing the math and everything. I only overspent by a tiny margin. So, it's not a big deal, the only part of the PC i'm not utilizing is the Bluetooth. The only reason the Omen X is "overpriced" is  because of the case. That's it, and honestly.. I don't disagree. I love the case but there is so much that could of been improved on and for what you get $520 (the new starting price) is too much for what you get IMO. 

PROS

- Unique styling (with the way mine looks, my friends tell me it looks like i'm trying to summon Satan with my PC. So there's a plus lol

- Plays all triple A games at full details 1080p well above 60fps

24GB DDR4

1070 SLI

Both cpu and main gpu AiO watercooled

- heavy duty, quality materials (except for a couple parts)

- Future proof, i'll keep this case for as long as I can, being a Voodoo fan, i'll pretty much never swap unless something new from Voodoo/Omen comes along. The 6700k should last me another 4-5 years. My 2500k was starting to show its age. Memory should last me forever, at 24GB 😛 so I'm more than fine.

- LED's look really nice, RBG is a plus, although I keep mine on static red anyway for that classic Voodoo look :v

- Radiator support is not bad, room for 360 or 120. 

- Temps are better than my other PC, not by A LOT but there is a little difference. I'm a temp. whore, any lower temps I can get the BETTER!

- 5 fan headers, better than I expected

- Cables are labled nicely incase you forget when you're tearing it apart. 

- Plugs on the mobo that it comes with are in good spots

CONS

- The fans that come with Omen X are GARBAGE. The one that goes on the Rad. for the CPU cooler is not pressure optimized and it's HUGE. There are gaps between the blades that will let air leak out, it's not good for rad.s, I put a thermaltake ring 12 led rad. fan on there and it's quieter and yields better temps. The PCI case fan is a better radiator fan! hahaha, it has the proper blades for it but even it isn't very good in general. It's like a white label offbrand black fan.

- HDD has it's own fan header, why would you need a fan for your HDD/SSDs unless you live in a desert. Took it out because I wanted to use the fan header and to reduce noise.

- If you remove too many fans off the labled headers on the mobo (labled pci fan, hdd fan, cpu fan, etc) the BIOS with greet you at every startup telling you something may be damaged or whatever and will give you a 15 second timer before it shutdowns. (luckly it gives you the option to hit enter and  start anyway but you have to hit it every startup.

- 1300W PSU, only has 1 extra plug left, ignoring the PCIE 8 pin power plugs (there are 4). There is only 1 sata power plug, all other plugs are used already. There is only ONE molex connector and it's already used. 1300W PSU, very limited on cables. Come on now HP, really? HP is known for hiding all the details, I tried to look up beforehand buying this to see what cables the PSU had but could find nothing. 

- No extra PCIE slots, only 2 full size PCIE slots. Would of been nice to have a 3rd smaller one for non-gpus. I would love to use my ASUS Essence STX sound card. my Audio Technica headphones don't sound quite right on the onboard audio on this mobo.

- Front bezel is made of cheap material and can BREAK EASILY, take this thing off slowly and carefully.

- The cable that powers the front LED'S is VERY VERY short. So basically when you're taking off the front cover, take it off slow, otherwise you'll pull the plug off the pins on the front bezel too fast and bend them. I have already a couple times almost completely damaged them. Trying to put the front bezel back on while plugging back in the power to the LEDS is a nightmare.

- This case is a nightmare to work in sometimes. Not a lot of room to work with, the case had barely any room for the extra PCIE power plugs it had and my fan controller. It's in there pretty tight. 

- Overall expandability is quite small. Yeah you can upgrade ram, cpu and gpu but that's really it.  You can really only expand the basics.

SUMMARY

I know I have more cons than pros listed but to me the pros are heavier. I overall don't regret my purchase and I LOVE this computer. Thank you HP for keeping Voodoo alive! I hope you guys in the Voodoo/Omen department see this! I don't wanna see Voodoo die, it's a shame the Voodoo brand isn't as popular as it should be. VoodooDNA forever!

P.S. I was the one who posted on the Facebook page with the modded Omen X with the side panel window 😉

Please add a window to your next Voodoo PC!

http://imgur.com/HEirXwJ

http://imgur.com/BXFgPvh

HP Recommended

Well done. Thanks for posting a real review. Appreciate it. That clear window looks AWESOME! That is something HP should be doing. I guess you done the AIO's for the gpu's yourself? Another option HP should add while customizing. 

I will have to dock you a point NOT MENTIONING LIMITED OVERCLOCKING SETTINGS FOR THE CPU IN BIOS. Just giving you grief man all in fun! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Thank you! I thought about making a bullet point about the OC'ing crap but of course we already expressed our issues with it on here quite abit lol. As for the liquid cooling on the GPU, I just put an Corsair H55 with NZXT's G10 bracket to watercool it. 

I honestly think HP's next move on Voodoo PC's should be a custom liquid cooling loop. Not quite exactly what Maingear is doing with theirs  but something a little similar. Maybe some nice UV red tubing (NO colored fluid, just colored tubing). Side panel window, of course and some nice led's for the inside aswell! I would love to work for the Voodoo part of HP, I feel like I could really help with design and what not and decisions. 

I love the Omen computers but I feel like they could do better!

HP Recommended

To be honest I find this very deceiving, advertising OVERCLOCKING wanting to get a strong foot in Gamers community and world ,...well HP this is not how things work .

This are not low-mid range office desktop thingies, this are Hardcore Gaming machines and GAMERS pushing the limits and paying EXTRAORDINARY for it like I did when I bought my OMEN X 900-000nx few days ago. 
I expect to be on TOP of the game I expect that BEAST to "SPIT FIRE" and IF HP can’t handle it WARRENTY wise and in any other way and is not be supportive to the GAMERS I suggest you leave that ARENA at once  and crewel back beneath the office desktop machines .

GTX 1080 , water-cooling CPU ultra-fast RAM , SSD ..but ups ! we don’t support or recommend OVERCLOCING ...than don’t make such GAMING RIGS , or you expect grandma's and grandpa's to operate them ?

I’m starting to think I made a huge mistake going with HP and OMEN!

HP Recommended

@Darko71 wrote:

To be honest I find this very deceiving, advertising OVERCLOCKING wanting to get a strong foot in Gamers community and world ,...well HP this is not how things work .

This are not low-mid range office desktop thingies, this are Hardcore Gaming machines and GAMERS pushing the limits and paying EXTRAORDINARY for it like I did when I bought my OMEN X 900-000nx few days ago. 
I expect to be on TOP of the game I expect that BEAST to "SPIT FIRE" and IF HP can’t handle it WARRENTY wise and in any other way and is not be supportive to the GAMERS I suggest you leave that ARENA at once  and crewel back beneath the office desktop machines .

GTX 1080 , water-cooling CPU ultra-fast RAM , SSD ..but ups ! we don’t support or recommend OVERCLOCING ...than don’t make such GAMING RIGS , or you expect grandma's and grandpa's to operate them ?

I’m starting to think I made a huge mistake going with HP and OMEN!

I have not for got to make a video about no proper UEFI Bios overclocking. Just been busy lately. By HP continuing to ignore and doing this. They are falsely advertising a product and still selling it to customers.

Like I said. If you want a prebuild like this and can send it back. I would do it and go with Alienware. They allow proper overclocking in the UEFI Bios unlike HP Omen X. You can see the settings from youtube videos for the Alienwares. 

Here is a recent review about no bios overlocking on the Omen X. http://www.trustedreviews.com/hp-omen-x-900-085na-review-performance-and-verdict-page-2 So word is starting to trickle out now about this for unsuspecting customers. 

But bear in mind the BIOS on the motherboard won't allow for processor overclocking, so don't bother with sourcing overclockable Intel chips.

It really makes you wonder if it leaves HP open for a class action. Because they are certainly falsely advertising. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.