Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen x chassis 900-000t
I have an omen x and asus z270g motherboard How can I connect the case lights to the motherboard?
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

It should be quite straightforward. Is this your first rodeo with a DIY build?

The connectors will have labeling on them that will correspond to the pinout for the headers on the motherboard you are installing into the case.

You will see power sw, reset sw, power led, H.D.D. LED Speaker,  USB, audio on the connectors. Use the manual for the motherboard to see where they connect on the motherboard.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

You might want to review the use of the RGB headers on the ASUS Z270G motherboard if your case is equipped with special LEDs.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
There must be a connector somewhere out of sight that I can connect to the RGB header on the motherboard.

No this is not my first "rodeo" I have been down the builder ipath many many times before. First time with lights.
HP Recommended

@Leroythomas wrote:
There must be a connector somewhere out of sight that I can connect to the RGB header on the motherboard.

No this is not my first "rodeo" I have been down the builder ipath many many times before. First time with lights.

That was not meant to slight you or offend you. Many people who come to the forum are barely even at novice level. We have no way of knowing at what level a member is until we ask.

Do you mean LEDs instead of lights? PCs  enclosures do not have lights.

I have asked HP to consider making a doCument available which shows whioch conectors must be connected to a motherboard. Most PC cases do come with one. HP has not responded yet on that request.

The manual for your motherboard is available to download at the following ASUS link.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Manual/.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks ,

Leds,rgbs? let one know how little i know about them, the cable i have left after hookup is not compatible with the Rgb header on the "MOBO"

HP Recommended

Can you take a photo of the cable that is " cable i have left after hookup" and post a close-up of the cable connector showing the label on it?

There are manuals and documents at the following support page which explain how to install a systemboard in the Omen X case. You may find the Hardware reference manual especially helpful.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-x-by-hp-900-000-desktop-pc-series/12079701/manuals

You can try downloading and installing the OS appropriate, if available,  Omen Control app from the download section of the suport portal at the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-x-by-hp-900-000-desktop-pc-series/12079701.

It may allow you to control the lighting of the nine color zones. 

There is not guarantee that it will since you are not installing a motherboard that normally is part of an Omen X desktop PC.

HP Recommended
Erico: you are "good"! This is all very good advice. I have done all of the steps you suggested. And more. My mother board has (two) four pin headers, 12v,R,G,B. I also have a RGB cable that came with the board.

My research found; LED lighting systems have four (or five pins case of gigabyte)

Hence, my OMEN X case has a four pin led/rgb connection. When I feel up to it I'm going to disassemble as much as necessary and find it.

I did not figure out how to get the picture of the loose connector I have found from my iPhone to my post.

Thank you very much for your input I will keep you posted.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but i was wondering if you found a solution to your problem regarding the asus 270g? I'm wanting to order one to upgrade my omen x build, but it would be a bummer if the case lights didn't work. If you found a solution and could help me out, that'd be greatly appreciated. Or/Also, if you could tell me if the asus 270g works in the omen x case, i.e. did you have any problems installing it? Case lights aren't my top corcern (i could probably find a way to jerry rig it), but compatibility of the case and the mobo is top priority. Even if you don't respond, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Anything helps and thanks again,

- P

HP Recommended

I am still waiting for more information from HP on the Omen-X chassis. 

So far, I have been told that the Omen Control lighting only works with specific motherboards. 

I have asked for a list of the motherboards, but HP has not provided that as of this date.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread and will provide updated information as it is given to me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.