Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
There is not a dedicated RGB connection on the Omen X case. One is not required. The case lighting can be controlled with Omen X software. The connection is made via one of the four USBs. I did not reverse engineer to determine which one USB 2 or USB 3. Thank you for your effort. It's all working as advertised.
HP Recommended

How was the case connected to the motherboard with a USB cable?  Was it delivered with a USB cable?

Can you take a digital photo of the cable and its connection and post it here?

Others who purchase the Omen X chassis will certainly appreciate it if you did.

I still have no idea as to what you meant by an RGB cable and the Omen X  case (chassis).  Can you enlighten me? Nevermind, I see you must have been thinking that the interface cable had something to do with your motherboard's Aura Sync RGB LEB instead of the Omen Control.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Leroythomas wrote:
Erico: you are "good"! This is all very good advice. I have done all of the steps you suggested. And more. My mother board has (two) four pin headers, 12v,R,G,B. I also have a RGB cable that came with the board.

My research found; LED lighting systems have four (or five pins case of gigabyte)

Hence, my OMEN X case has a four pin led/rgb connection. When I feel up to it I'm going to disassemble as much as necessary and find it.

I did not figure out how to get the picture of the loose connector I have found from my iPhone to my post.

Thank you very much for your input I will keep you posted.

If you have the image transferred to your PC then putting it in a thread should be simple. See the following image.  Click on the icon that I pointed out, select From my Computer and then path to the folder where you have the image stored and select it. Follow the onscreen prompt as you see your image on the screen and then click on Post. The more images we have of this will make it better for all owners or prospective buyers of the  Omen X chassis.

add imageto thread post.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.