Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-090
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Forum

I just bought my HP Omen 870-090nz but in Switzerland the PC are delivered with an air cooling CPU and not with a liquid cooling system.

In the past I made very good experiences with liquid cooling (low noise, good cooling, no problem wiht dust). I would like to replace now the cooling system. I can't find any third party which delivers a small liquid cooling system. I think all the systems requiers at least a 120mm (Corsair H60 / H75) - in the existing case of Omen 870 there is space for only a 100mm cooling case.

Do you know where I can buy a liquid cooling which match in my Omen 870? Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Should be plenty of them around from small to big such as

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

A few things i would check out on you HP machine before opting for liquid cooling:

-Can your bios allow you to change PWM fan settings

-How many spare fan headers are on the motherboard

-Mounting spots on the case (i recently had a bit of an issue trying to fit my machine with a better LCS AIO) See http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-says-use-Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-for-overclocki... for more information.

-Can your current PSU handle the extra load of a watercooler (it should but you know it doesnt hurt to look).

The airflow on the case and which way you want to set up your cooler.

If your Bios wont allow you to change you PWM settings it really messes with a lot of AIO liquid coolers with PWM settings. This will limit you to slightly older AIOs with 3 pin fans running at max speed or using voltage limiters to make them less noisy. if you can fit a 240mm rad in your case i will recommend the NZXT Kraken X52 as you can manually control the fans via software as it plugs into a spare USB header and uses 3 pin fan to the CPU fan socket.

If you fan mounts are in odd spots on the motherboard it may mean you need to be creative with mounting and placement and may limit your options.

Mounting spots may severly hamper your choice of AIOs as you may not have enough room for placement of larger rads or may even entirely limit you in getting an AIO LCS at all. Dont forget that often rads are a little larger than the fan for built in resivoirs and the like. Also look at how thick the rad of the unit you are thinking of getting is. there are a wide range of rads starting from 25mm thick. The most common being 30mm thick.

If getting an AIO unit is proving difficult it may be worth looking at installing a custom loop if you are comfortable doing so.

Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.