Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (302 Views)

Overclock omen

Product Name: 870-014no Desktop PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I was looking into this product and i saw it had a 500 Watt power supply but used the 980 ti and if I would oc it would it have enough power.
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 5 (285 Views)

Re: Overclock omen

Hello

HP provides very little option to overclock CPU or RAM in BIOS.

If that is what you like then you may be disappointed.

Grzy

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (268 Views)

I guess ITS ok. I wasnt looking for the computer which was able to overclock that much. But when the warranty has run out and maybe after 2-3 years can I change the psu for a better one?
Master's Graduate
Message 4 of 5 (259 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello

You should be able to upgrade the power supply.

I have done this on HP PC's with good results.

Did see a power supply upgrade problem in this forum with the internal Ultra Slim DVD burner HP is now using. It has a non-standard power connection.

Grzy

Provost
Message 5 of 5 (237 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes.

You can overclock an Omen. Your i5-660K is an unlocked processor.

The Intel Extreme Tuning utility should make it pretty straightforward.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075

Do a little reading on overclocking before you push it too hard.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

The Thimpu motherboard in your system has a standard ATX 20-pin header on the motherboard. So the PSU can also be upgraded, but 500W is certainly enough power capacity for a beasty video card if you want to upgrade it.

You can say thanks by clicking on the + in the purple thumbs up icon next to the Reply button.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation