Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (189 Views)
Accepted Solution

Re: Hp omen x to asus z270g

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but i was wondering if you found a solution to your problem regarding the asus 270g? I'm wanting to order one to upgrade my omen x build, but it would be a bummer if the case lights didn't work. If you found a solution and could help me out, that'd be greatly appreciated. Or/Also, if you could tell me if the asus 270g works in the omen x case, i.e. did you have any problems installing it? Case lights aren't my top corcern (i could probably find a way to jerry rig it), but compatibility of the case and the mobo is top priority. Even if you don't respond, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Anything helps and thanks again,

- P

Accepted Solution

Hello,
The Asus Z272G fits into the Omen X chassis with ease . Note: The Z272G has two USB 2 headers and one USB 3 header. The Omen X require two USB 2 and two USB 3 connections. I installed a USB 2 expansion because I need two USB2 to use for my CPU cooler and power supply "Corsair Link". I also installed a "Y" USB 3 splitter and connected both of the omen X USB 3 cables. Once all these things were connected Simultaneously the RGB lighting is controllable using the omen x control program.
View solution in context
Tutor
Message 2 of 7 (163 Views)

Hello,
The Asus Z272G fits into the Omen X chassis with ease . Note: The Z272G has two USB 2 headers and one USB 3 header. The Omen X require two USB 2 and two USB 3 connections. I installed a USB 2 expansion because I need two USB2 to use for my CPU cooler and power supply "Corsair Link". I also installed a "Y" USB 3 splitter and connected both of the omen X USB 3 cables. Once all these things were connected Simultaneously the RGB lighting is controllable using the omen x control program.
Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (153 Views)

Thank you very much, this helped a lot! If i can, i have couple more quesstions? where did you find the omenX usb3 cables? what is corsair link and what did you use it for? is the usb2 expansion something i need? do you have any tips for installing the new board? sorry if im asking a lot of questions, you seem to be the only other person to try this. Thanks again for your help!

Tutor
Message 4 of 7 (143 Views)

"Asus Z 270G"
USB 3 " splitter cable" from modDIY.com

If you run out on 2 headers then you need a USB 2 expansion.

Corsair Link is a USB Link to the liquid CPU cooler and 1200W power supply . It allows me to monitor and control those two devices via software.

Which mobo are you upgrading from?
Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (141 Views)

First off, thank you again. The omen x i have has the stock "munich-k" motherboard ( https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05360711 ). I was gifted this by friends and family and didn't have much say in anything LOL. What RAM are you running in your mobo and what processor? (i have i7-7700k and 8gb corsair, looking to upgrade to 3200mhz trident z after the new board.)

Tutor
Message 6 of 7 (133 Views)

i7-7700k + 16Gb pny 2400Mhz
Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (124 Views)

Alright. Well, I would like to thank you for the help you've given me today. It has made my decision on this motherboard a whole lot easier. Thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation