Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Y0M14AA 190780417577
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

First time posting here...:-)

Just a bit of background, I recenty purchased a brand new PC of another brand however it has now failed me twice inside of 4 months where it has just started switching off at random times for no reason despite all temps inside the box well within and under range. Despite being sent back the first time after 6 weeks and having a brand new heatsink which was re-seated and repositioned and all new thermal paste applied, it has started doing it again. I have been back to the store and it is being sent back this week to the company to get oficially declared faulty so I can have oney credited to purchase a new PC.

Anyways, I have been reading up the last 2 days on the HP Omen X Gaming Desktop that is available through Harvey Norman and I am considering a purcahse of this model with my store credit however does anyone else out there have this model and can give me an unbiased review and whether it is worth the purchase at all or not worth it as such ?

Games I would be playing on it are WOW, Prepar3D and Watch Dogs 2 and I may consider getting into some VR gaming one day down the track..I have no interest in overclocking at all and am just wondering how this machine runs with games being played on it along with normal internet usage and running a Plex Media server to stream movies to my Smart TV.

Cheers,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Pluggerb69, welcome to the forum.

The only thing that I will say about the computer at Harvey Norman is, it seems over-priced.  I am using an Omen 900-025vr and it is listed at HP Store for $1899.99 USD.  I don't know why they have theirs priced so high.  I would certainly do my research before buying it.

Now, the Omen that I am using is amazing.  So, I would definitely recommend an Omen.  I am playing Tom Clany's Splinter Cell - Blacklist with all settings at Ultra.  I am getting 60+ FPS on a 28" UHD monitor 3840 x 2160.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

my recomendation , stay away from OMEN overpriced and you wont get what hp advertise please check this bitter utter painfull reality :
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/performance-hp-Desktop-X900-000nx/td-p/6076291

build your own rig you will save money and have better performance 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.