Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
550-153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have got everything sorted... I have my new GPU and i know how to delete and uninstall the old GPU drivers and enable LEGACY and disable Secure Boot. But one thing i am wondering about is my PSU I NEED to upgrade to a bigger wattage what i was looking at was a CORSAIR VS450w PSU and was wondering if it would do the job and most importantly FIT MY PC CASE..

all help appreciated and if it cannot fit is there another PSU that would fit and work that is still reliable (atleast 450w at most 500) BTW as it says my pc is stock but the GPU im putting into it is a ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 1050TI 4GB it requires atleast a 300w PSU and i am ready NOW so any help ASAP!!! 

THANKS V MUCH! ^_^

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello ADAM

Easy method is to measure current HP power supply (PS) and then buy power supply with wattage you need with similar dimensions.

Corsair is good. I use Corsair in my HP systems and custom builds.

Can't tell you what PS to buy as it is up to you to measure existing PS and check size of new PS.

Grzy

HP Recommended

thanks Grzy what psu have you got in your hp system. BTW I opened it up and the corsair one is about 0.5cm bigger on each dimension. there is a tab at the bottom to keep the existing psu from moving around can that just sit underneath a new one????

CAN YOU LINK YOUR PSU PLEASE? 

HP Recommended

Hello ADAM

I am using a Corsair RM650x in my HP . The tab in my HP case does not interfere with the Corsair PS in any way.

Your PC has a uATX power supply installed by HP. My older HP came with an ATX PS. I have never worked with a uATX PS, so I don't know what is different. Check to make sure an ATX power supply has the correct mounting hole placement so it can be mounted to the chassis. Verify the Corsair comes with the correct cabling. I have heard the HP installed ultra slim optical drive has a different power connector.

Grzy

HP Recommended

here is the vs and mine atm...

VS450.jpghp-300w-power-supply-model-fh-xd301myr-ps-6301-4-p-n-633189-001-1.gifif you look closely you can see that the screws are in roughly the same position sooo....

HP Recommended

i just looked it up there now... Micro atx is reffered to as uatx

ohhhhhhh

HP Recommended

Hello ADAM

I have never heard of or seen a uATX PS. Your motherboard is a uATX motherboard. It still has the same industry standard 24 pin power connection and a four pin CPU power connection. Again, I have heard, but cannot verify, the optical drive power supply connection may not be industry standard for a desktop PC. It may be similar to a laptop/notebook power connection??

As long as the replacement PS is similar size, mounting points are correct, and cabling is compatible, it should work in your HP tower.

Grzy

HP Recommended

do you know where or how i could find out the cables i need to power the system? do i need to just open my pc up and figre it out? and is everything standard except the disk drive?

HP Recommended

ALL CABLES FOR THE VS BELOW:

atx conector - 1

eps connectoe - 1

floppy connector - 2

Four pin peripheral connector - 4

PCIe connector - 2

sata connecot - 4

IS THAT ALL I WOULD NEED TO POWER THE SYSTEM????

thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.