Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
p7-1410
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Afer a Windows 10 update last week we lost important documents, pictures and games were deleted. We followed the instructions to retrieve the pics and docs and it didn't work. I tried to install the games from the Windows store and I am getting error code 0x87AF000B. Nobody at Microsoft seems to know what this is or how to fix this error code. Any help and/or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance for you help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello JohninFL

Ouch, that sounds like a clean Windows 10 installation. If you have no offline data backup then you are in big trouble.

I can't see how you lost your personal documents and pics, or other personal data from a Windows 10 update. I run 10 and have received the same update(s) you did.  My system is fine.

If Microsoft can't help you, how can anybody else??

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.