Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen GTX1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I;m looking to purchase an Omen GTX1050.  I've read through the forums and have seen various comments about the inability to change the colour of the bakcklighting on the keyboards of the newer model Omens.  I really don't like the red backlighting on the keyboard and would like to know if it is possible to change this on the GTX1050 model before I make a decision ro purchase, because if I can't be changed to something other than red then I will purchase a different laptop.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!
I understand that you have issues changing color with backlight keyboard.

Try the steps mentioned below.

To customize the lighting zones for a user profile, complete the following steps

To open HP OMEN Control, at the Start screen, type HP Omen Control to open the Search charm. Select HP OMEN Control in the Search results.

Open HP OMEN Control screen

Select the Lighting tab.

On the keyboard image, click the lighting zone you want to customize.

You can also select the lighting zone from the drop-down menu. To do this, click the down arrow in the Center box and select the zone.

To change the zone color, click the color box below Center, select a new color from the color palette, and then click OK.

Repeat these steps for each lighting zone you want to change for each user profile.

For further instructions follow this link: http://hp.care/2c8EpCp

If you still have issues changing backlight color please update system utility driver using this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76383.exe

Let me know if this works.
Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I am afraid your reply is of no use to me.

As I indicated in my enquiry I do not currently own this modek of kaptop, I am looking to purchase a new laptop.

My decision to purxhase this model laptop has come down to the fact that I intensely dislike the red back lighting on the keyboard (everything else measures up fine for me).

I need to know BEFORE I purchase the laptop whether the backlighting colour on the keyboard can be changed.

Can you please check this model against your records and let me know.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm still looking for answer to this question.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Still hoping for a response from soneone at HP.....?  

Otherwise I will have to rule out consideration of purchasing this laptop, which would be a shame but I would not be able to stand having a red backlit keyboard.

Can anyone answer my question......or is the silence becasue you can have any colour....so long as it's red.

HP Recommended

@Chas001 wrote:

Still hoping for a response from soneone at HP.....?  

Otherwise I will have to rule out consideration of purchasing this laptop, which would be a shame but I would not be able to stand having a red backlit keyboard.

Can anyone answer my question......or is the silence becasue you can have any colour....so long as it's red.

The agent provided the correct answer via the post documentation they provided.  Yes, you can customize the color on the entire keyboard...you can even change colors by zone if you're feeling particularly rainbow-y.

More Info: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04492013

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.