Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 17-W203NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bonjour,

Chaque fois que je débranche le cordon d'alimentation, après 5 minutes où l'ordi ralentit légèrement, un écran bleu apparait avec ce messgae d'erreur : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
J'ai essayé plusieurs choses trouvées sur les forums, comme regarder dans les options d'alimentation si il était question de veille prolongée (Non.) et désinstaller le driver de la batterie (au redémarrage, le driver est installé tout seul et ça n'a aucun effet.).

Pouvez-vous m'aider ? Merci !

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Sorry, I precised I'd like French as my language but it somehow ignored it.

So here it is in english :

Every time I unplug my computer, after about 5 minutes, a BSOD appears with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message.

I tried some thing I saw on forums, such as deleting sleep mode from the alimentation options or uninstalling my battery driver, but it had no effect.

Can you help me ? Thanks

HP Recommended

Greetings @El_Douche

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting an error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" when you disconnect the adapter from your computer. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for uninstalling the battery driver and trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own?

Have you run a system test on your computer to make sure all the components are working correctly? 

Recommend you to shutdown the computer. 

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping F2 or ESC on startup repeatedly.

This would boot the computer to a Startup menu and you can navigate to system diagnostics. 

Please run an Extensive test on the computer to make sure all the components are working fine. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If all the test pass, please restart the computer to the desktop. 

Make sure all the drivers are updated using HP Support Assistant. Please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Also, refer to this Microsoft forums post. Where they have recommended enabling Driver Verifier to resolve the issue.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I passed the Extensive test and I got this result :

Battery test : PRIMARY - Calibration required (20)

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and performing a test on the computer. 

Have you updated all the drivers as suggested?

Also, please refer to this Microsoft post for assistance in enabling Driver Verifier. 

Please refer to step number 7 under "Troubleshooting the notebook battery" in this HP Article for assistance in performing battery calibration. 

Keep me posted. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, I ran Driver Verifier. The result was that after asking me to reboot, the PC was crashing with a blue screen at every reboot.

I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all my programs.

So now, I'm going to stop and just deal with the fact that I can't move my PC without turning it off. It has a SSD so I guess it's not that bad.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Please do post on our forums for any technical assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.