Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please can you tell me where to get this driver update from, I can't seem to find a recent version.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@ZippyMan wrote:

Please can you tell me where to get this driver update from, I can't seem to find a recent version.

Thanks

My model is an Omen 5010nr, it was here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5000-Notebook-PC/7281265/model/7531178#Z7...

Under Software Solutions

HP Recommended

If you goto the support link at the top of this page and click download drivers,  you can enter the model number of the unit you have mine was 15-5020ca.  You should be able to get the drivers from there.  It was the system event driver that fixed the issue for me.  Install it.  Reboot and you should be fixed as well!

Thanks HP for fixing the issue in a timely manner!

HP Recommended

You can download the HP System Event Utility from here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71716.exe

HP Recommended

Also works for me on my 15 5000 NF

HP Recommended

Works for me also. Thank you HP

HP Recommended

Took a couple of restarts but works now, thanks!

HP Recommended

I can confirm that System Event Utility fixed the issue with Omen Control. Downloaded an updated version of Support Assistant Software while I was at it.

Oddly enough Support Assistant didn't catch any outdated programs/drivers. Everything had be found and implemented manually.

I also noticed that you can't download the most recent version of Omen Control anywhere. Does anyone have a link for that?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@pnj

Yeah, few days was actually... few days, the new Event System Utility can be Downloaded.

Now We can wait to see the Moon branch office 😉

HP Recommended

@Paper_Birch wrote:

I can confirm that System Event Utility fixed the issue with Omen Control. Downloaded an updated version of Support Assistant Software while I was at it.

Oddly enough Support Assistant didn't catch any outdated programs/drivers. Everything had be found and implemented manually.

I also noticed that you can't download the most recent version of Omen Control anywhere. Does anyone have a link for that?

Thanks!

From the update menu I picked the edit OS link and used the 8.1 version until they update

OmenCrtl.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.