Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a new HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5000na which we had to upgrade the OS on from 8.1 to 8.1 Pro (so we can use it with our Domain), I've been looking on the HP website and there is no Drivers provided?

Can anyone give me a link to the correct drivers for this?

Thanks,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Tom100291

Welcome to the HP support forum.  When it comes to the drivers there are all listed on the HP support website.  The drivers are listed based on the product and only drivers that we support are listed on the support website. Here is the link to the drivers for your model of notebook.

HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5000na Drivers

Some of the main changes between Windows 8.1 and 8.1Pro are:

1) A system running Pro can Join a Domain.

2) Pro comes with Bitlocker this allows you to encrypt your drives

3) On a system running Pro, you can remote desktop into that computer.

List found on tomshardware.com

Here is a link to show you the comparisson.

These drivers are the same for Windows 8.1 and 8.1 pro for the most part unless there is some customised configuration.   So for your notebook, as long as it has not been customised in any way the drivers provided for Windows 8.1 will work for work for Windows 8.1 Pro.  Here is a link that may be helpful as well. 

What if I Don't See My Operating System?

Please let me know if this helped.

Thank you for posting on the forum and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Tom100291

Welcome to the HP support forum.  When it comes to the drivers there are all listed on the HP support website.  The drivers are listed based on the product and only drivers that we support are listed on the support website. Here is the link to the drivers for your model of notebook.

HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5000na Drivers

Some of the main changes between Windows 8.1 and 8.1Pro are:

1) A system running Pro can Join a Domain.

2) Pro comes with Bitlocker this allows you to encrypt your drives

3) On a system running Pro, you can remote desktop into that computer.

List found on tomshardware.com

Here is a link to show you the comparisson.

These drivers are the same for Windows 8.1 and 8.1 pro for the most part unless there is some customised configuration.   So for your notebook, as long as it has not been customised in any way the drivers provided for Windows 8.1 will work for work for Windows 8.1 Pro.  Here is a link that may be helpful as well. 

What if I Don't See My Operating System?

Please let me know if this helped.

Thank you for posting on the forum and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, When I looked on there before there was no drivers listed at all, I spent a hour or 2 finding the drivers manually but i'll download these for next time

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.