Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15-5010nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Hp Omen is new and it is displaying a flickering screen when the computer has been on for a certain amount of time. Please advise me on how to rectify this. I am using the adapter that was provided when I purchased the laptop. Even when I turn the laptop off and on the flickering will happen. The other thread that dealt with this issue yielded no help or results.

Thank you,

Scott Georgson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

What is your system BIOS version?  (you can check it via F10 BIOS setup menu at system boot-up, or press Fn+Esc key in Windows desktop)

Recommend to update the system to the latest BIOS version - F.09.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @scottgeorgson ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Omen 15-5010nr and the screen flickering.  I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults. You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings which should resolve the issue.

Make sure you restart the Notebook twice after reloading the BIOS to default.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

What is your system BIOS version?  (you can check it via F10 BIOS setup menu at system boot-up, or press Fn+Esc key in Windows desktop)

Recommend to update the system to the latest BIOS version - F.09.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with same machine - Omen. I'll try to update the BIOS and provide feedback post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.