Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I purchased an open box HP Omen, and it arrived today. I searched all over and could not find the Control Center. I checked online, updated all my drivers and downloaded the Control Center, but it does NOTHING. I've uninstalled it AND the Event blah blah over and over and nothing. I also discovered that the touchscreen doesn't work either. I understand I purchased an open box item, but it seems like an HP tech updated the thing to Windows 10 and didn't bother to make sure it worked correctly. I need help.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @duckboystump

I understand that the touchscreen is not working on your Omen notebook and the features in the control center as not responding. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you checked the touch screen in recovery manager?

May I know the model number of your notebook? Click here for assistance. 

Recommend you run a system test on your computer to make sure all the components are working fine. Click here for assistance. 

If the test fails, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

If the test passes, please boot the computer to recovery manager by tapping F11 repeatedly on startup. 

Once the computer boots to the recovery manager, check if the touchscreen responds, of the touchscreen does not respond, please contact our phone support to have the screen replaced. 

For other troubleshooting steps, please refer to this HP Article

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.