Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5011TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently had a battery problem with my notebook, now fixed, but in the process of accessing the boot up options menu a few times, it now display EVERY time the PC starts.  The menu I am talking about is the one which says:

Startup menu

F1  System Information

F2 System diagnostics

F7 HP sparekey recovery

F9 Boot menu options

F10 BIOS setup

F11 System recovery

Enter - continue startup

For more information, please go to www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

When I press enter the notebook starts normally and everything works fine.  However, this menu comes up every time the PC is started and does not time out.  Usually it is a problem getting to this menu (because the notebook starts so fast on the SSD), but I have the opposite problem - now it is all working fine I don't want the menu to come up.  I've been to the HP startup website and googled and searched and looked for an option to turn off the menu, but I can't find anything. 

Can you please tell me how I can hide the display of this menu each time the PC starts?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,
Used to I had the same prob as yours,
Dont panic 🙂 update (or reinstall if it has already been updated) the BIOS, use the device detector on HP's website,
For me it did work,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hi,
Used to I had the same prob as yours,
Dont panic 🙂 update (or reinstall if it has already been updated) the BIOS, use the device detector on HP's website,
For me it did work,
HP Recommended

You were right, it worked.  I didn't think I needed a BIOS upgrade as I'd upgraded to F.23 about 2 weeks ago, but there was an F.23 rev A on the HP support downloads, and when I upgraded all now works fine.  I searched and searched and couldn't find an option anywhere to remove the startup menu.  Seems right that it should be set somewhere in the BIOS (actually UEFI) but I couldn't find an option anywhere.  Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

Hey

I'm also getting the same problem since few days, everytime i boot my laptop i get the startup menu automatically displayed on my screen. Please tell me if you find any solution.

HP Recommended

See the replies above.  Update or re-update the BIOS even if you are on the latest version.  Worked for me and several others.

HP Recommended

Man, As you told I re-updated my BIOS as it was already in latest version. But it didn't worked for me, i'm getting the same problem again. 

HP Recommended
Your Escape key is having a permanent activation. Hit gently to deactivate it and the problem will be solved.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.