Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After purchasing my computer I launched it and was going to perform the updates HP Support Assistant was offering me to do. However after installing, it suddenly crashed made my screen blink into supr zoom and although it recovered in a second back to normal, and I went back to finish what I started in HP Support Assisntant, I could not find any updates anymore. HP Support Assistant log also claimed, that no actions were performed.

PS. I was installing updates one by one manually, so when the aforementioned problem occured I saw I had still 7-8 updates to go. All of them were gone after HP Support Assistant been restarted.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Gewre,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums. 

I understand that you were installing the driver updates one by one and the remaining went away 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried reinstalling HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you to uninstall HP Support Assistant from programs and features. 

To open programs and feature please do a right-click on the Windows button. 

Uninstall HPSA, restart the computer. 

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files, ignore them).

Restart the computer again. 

Download HPSA from this link and check for updates. 

It is also possible that the updates that were mentioned in HPSA might have been installed by Windows updates as well. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.