Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I opened my OMEN Laptop there was a green outline of my keyboard on my screen. You can easily see it on a black/ darker background. I tried cleaning it with laptop cleaner but the outline did not go away.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AbbyHughes

Thank you for replying with the clarification.

My bad, that looked like "doesn't" and that proves, It's time I increase the font on my PC 😉

That said, if the line appears in BIOS, it's a hardware failure and the PC requires either a repair or a replacement part:

(Free if covered within the HP warranty):

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AbbyHughes

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there's a line on the LCD from the keyboard outline and it doesn't go away after attempting to clean it,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is this a physical line on the screen or something that's showing up on the LCD when the computer is turned on?

Have you cleaned the LCD using a non-abrasive cloth or towel?

Here are a few details about cleaning LCD, if this is physical: 

LCD screens accumulate smudges and scratches all the time. To clean these, choose a non-abrasive cloth or towel. Shut the computer off and disconnect the power cable. Wipe the LCD screen gently with a soft dry cloth. If any marks remain, moisten the cloth with LCD cleaner, and then gently stroke the cloth across the display in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom. Plastic and glass cleaners containing ammonia may leave a glare-causing film, so use a computer monitor specific cleaner from a computer store. Spray the cleaner onto the cloth, and then wipe the screen with it.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If the line isn't physically on the LCD, please check if it appear in the BIOS screen,

Access the same by tapping on F10 during a system restart and let me know if the line appears while you are on the BIOS screen as well.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
The outline is not physical and it does show up on the bios system
HP Recommended

@AbbyHughes

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If it doesn't appear in BIOS, it's possibly an issue with the video card drivers,

Let's start with updating the drivers from the Official HP website.

And try creating a new local account profile to check if the issue persists,

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It does show up in the BIOS
HP Recommended

@AbbyHughes

Thank you for replying with the clarification.

My bad, that looked like "doesn't" and that proves, It's time I increase the font on my PC 😉

That said, if the line appears in BIOS, it's a hardware failure and the PC requires either a repair or a replacement part:

(Free if covered within the HP warranty):

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.