Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi i have a ze5604ea , is it possible to change , upgreda a CPU?

p/ndv249e#abn

tnx

HP Recommended

Hi

I've been looking to see if it's possible to upgrade the processor for my laptop. I have a hpz5-1000 with Vista 32-bit and it currently has this processor

could you tell me the list of processors that I could upgrade to?

Message Edited by YellowInvazn on 11-02-2009 03:50 PM
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you help me find which processors my notebook (BIOS) supports so that I can upgrade from my slow single core Sempron?

My laptop Details:

Compaq Presario CQ60-419WM

P/N: NV243UA#ABA

AMD Semprom SI-42 2.1GHz

Windows Vista Home Basic 32-Bit

CPU-Z info:

Manufac.: Wistron

Model: 303C  /   08.86

Chipset: Nvidia / GeForce 8200M  / Rev A2

Southbridge: Nvidia / ID075E

Bios

Brand: Hewlett-Packard

Version: F.54

I emailed HP Support but was told that they did not have a list of compatible processors for my model at this time.  Please, any details or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@s57mrs wrote:

Hi i have a ze5604ea , is it possible to change , upgreda a CPU?

p/ndv249e#abn

tnx

Download and run CPU-Z to provide me with current CPU and chipset information please. Take a look at the post after yours.

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 11-03-2009 04:20 PM

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

@YellowInvazn wrote:

Hi

I've been looking to see if it's possible to upgrade the processor for my laptop. I have a hpz5-1000 with Vista 32-bit and it currently has this processor

could you tell me the list of processors that I could upgrade to?

Message Edited by YellowInvazn on 11-02-2009 03:50 PM

Sure. This link is to the support manuals for your laptop.  Look in the Maintenence and Service guide. In the Illustrated parts catalog --> sequential part listing for the entire list of supported, compatible processors for your AMD chipset motherboard. You can install an AMD Turion Ultra Dual-Core 35W ZM-86 2.40GHZ processor as an upgrade. 

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

@marthsmash wrote:

Hello,

Can you help me find which processors my notebook (BIOS) supports so that I can upgrade from my slow single core Sempron?

My laptop Details:

Compaq Presario CQ60-419WM

P/N: NV243UA#ABA

AMD Semprom SI-42 2.1GHz

Windows Vista Home Basic 32-Bit

CPU-Z info:

Manufac.: Wistron

Model: 303C  /   08.86

Chipset: Nvidia / GeForce 8200M  / Rev A2

Southbridge: Nvidia / ID075E

Bios

Brand: Hewlett-Packard

Version: F.54

I emailed HP Support but was told that they did not have a list of compatible processors for my model at this time.  Please, any details or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the  HP Maintenence and service manual for your notebook. Take a look in the illustrated parts catalog--> sequential part number listing. Look in the sectio for AMD chipset based motherboard not the Intel chipset. Your laptop can take up o an AMD Turion Ultra Dual-Core ZM-80 2.1 Ghz processor. That is quite a nice bump in performance from the single core Semprom.

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 11-04-2009 11:53 PM

HP Recommended

Hey my name is Antonio Quinones and I'm currently using a Dv6 - 1259dx. I was wondering if it was possible that I could upgrade my video card to ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600. I'm a gamer, but I tend to lag on my laptop due to the factory video card I'm using lacks performance. Relpy when you get a chance.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@Antonio09 wrote:

Hey my name is Antonio Quinones and I'm currently using a Dv6 - 1259dx. I was wondering if it was possible that I could upgrade my video card to ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600. I'm a gamer, but I tend to lag on my laptop due to the factory video card I'm using lacks performance. Relpy when you get a chance.

I will need more information on your laptop. Use ALT+CTRL and tap the S key to invoke product specific information. Please post all of the information as a quote to the message. Upgrading laptop(notebook) video is only possible if...your laptop has an 1) mini PCI express 2) has an MXM interface there are a few more recent possibilities. It all depends on your laptop configuration. Generally only the very recent more high end laptops have upgrade possibilities

regards,

erico 

HP Recommended

Hello

thanks for fast reply.

here  is report from  cpu-zcpu

HP Recommended

Hi,

@s57mrs wrote:

Hello

thanks for fast reply.

here  is report from  cpu-zcpu

I believe the link to the image is broken. Please try again.

regards,

erico 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.