Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I'm having some problems trying to some of the most simple tasks thanks to the C: being so small in memory.

By default, all programs I have installed seem to go on the C:.

I have tried changing the system settings so that all programs install on the much larger 😧 but when I apply this, it reverts back to C:.  this is very unproductive, and is starting to hinder my workload.

How do I move the programs onto the 😧 to free up space on the C: so I can do my work?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @Panadine,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing low disk space on C drive and performance issues with your Computer. Don't worry, I will be glad to help you. 

Kudos to you for trying to change the location for installing new softwares.

Have you checked the startup items to improve the performance of your computer?

Have you changed the specifications of your computer? (OS or hardware)

Request you to provide the product number of your computer for better assistance.

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know more. 

Run a system test on your computer to make sure all the components are working correctly. 

To enter system diagnostics, please keep tapping F2 or ESC on startup repeatedly. 

Run an extensive system test on your computer. Refer to this HP Article for assistance.

Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the Disk management with the HDD details?

You can access disk management by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Right-click on the taskbar and select Task manager. 

On the task manager window, select startup items tab and disable all applications that you do not use to improve the performance. 

Refer to this HP Article for other steps to improve system performance. 

To increase disk space on your computer, please refer to this HP Article

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

Will try to assist you with this problem.

Can't find Omen C using HP search as an HP PC so will guess you have small SSD and large HDD.

Very difficult to now move program installs from C: to D:. You will have to uninstall and reinstall each program using custom install so you can direct program files to install on 😧 drive.

Must use custom install for new programs you install in future to keep program files off small C: drive.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.