Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Jakamungo wrote:

I have this same problem as well..

I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere and have tried multiple fixes.

I'm most likely just going to talk to HP Support about getting a replacement.

Hello,I checked eachtime this error happens it's all when I run defrag.exe seems that when my two 500GB drives are defraged they freeze at roughly 13% defraging C drive then when I try to analyze Drive G,Drive F,Drive E,all do same thing and raid has nothing to do with this error.Drives are not setup like the old raid idea and yes defrag is looking for the drivers to actually run this in the correct format to DEFRAGMENTATION the drive successfully however it freezes up due to error STORAHCI_129  freeze up of software.

to double check my theory I downloaded another awesome defrag.exe program called DEFRAGGLER by makers of CCLEANER,all drives were defraged I noticed even after windows 10 defragment program was run after being totally good to go benchmark noticed there was still 65-70 fragement when win 10 defragmentation program indicates all fine no fragmentation so not needed to be run.

+ System

- Provider
      [ Name] Disk
    - EventID 11
      [ Qualifiers] 49156
      Level 2       Task 0       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2017-04-25T00:20:56.810688500Z
      EventRecordID 5127       Channel System       Computer RTMW10_15063.138       Security

- EventData

\Device\Harddisk2\DR2* The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2. On this server I have internal RAID volumes, an external iSCSI drive (DroboPro), and several USB 2.0 hard drives attached. How can I determine what hard drive / storage device is "\Device\Harddisk2\DR2"?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.