Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-w200na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning,

I have recently purchased the OMEN by HP - 17-w200na. It comes with a 128gb SSD as the primary drive (OS installed there). I wish to replace the SSD with an M.2 SATA SSD 500gb Samsung. My query is related to how I can transfer the operating system into the new SSD. Do I need to clone the drive? If so, what would be the  best way of doing it? Would there be an easier way to transfer the OS?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rubensolo

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you want to replace the SSD in your omen laptop 17-w200na,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you check your user guide/Service manual for replacement options? if you haven't: Click here (Page. 42 for m2 SATA & Page. 3 for SSD)

We don't recommend using cloning software as it's neither free nor is it supported by HP (we can't guarantee it would work)

That said, you could attempt it at your own discretion.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rubensolo

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you want to replace the SSD in your omen laptop 17-w200na,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you check your user guide/Service manual for replacement options? if you haven't: Click here (Page. 42 for m2 SATA & Page. 3 for SSD)

We don't recommend using cloning software as it's neither free nor is it supported by HP (we can't guarantee it would work)

That said, you could attempt it at your own discretion.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.