03-17-2017 04:15 PM
everytime i play a game it freezes up or stops working and I get a message that Internet explorer has stopped working and needs to close the page...this happens on Pogo games and on Wild Tangent games. Also I keep getting script error messages that will not go away whether or not I say yes or no to stop running them, they just keep popping up
Please someone help....this has never happened before and I hope I do not have a virus. I have Windows 8.1 and IE 11, but the same thing happens if I try to use Google Chrome. I have tried several things turned off script debugging and notifications and I still get Script error messages. I made sure Flash was enabled . I unchecked active x ..?????? not sure what else do to...
03-18-2017 04:26 PM
Hello, @niknak1 - Hope you are well
Thanks for your continued participation in HP support forums! I will be glad to be of your assistance!
I see that you are getting “Script error” while playing online games on your HP notebook. I would like to help
Let’s start by completely resetting your browser. Follow the steps below and check:
To reset the Internet explorer:
- Press the “Windows key” + “R” to get the “Run” window.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” and press ok to get the internet explorer properties.
- Go to “Advanced” tab and select “Reset” option to completely reset the internet explorer.
- Now open the internet explorer and try playing games.
To reset Chrome:
- At the top right, click More (Three horizontal dots) and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the box that appears, click Reset.
Alternatively, check http://bitly.com/2nE0BZs if the issue persists.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!