Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,220 Views)

HP photosmart 6520 screen came out

Hello ,

I recently received a printer from a friend for free which is the HP photosmart 6520. I was happy to received such a item until I examined the printer. The printer is in fine condition until I tapped the screen having it fall out of it's socket revealing the green wire that connects to it. The wire disconnected from the printer screen and is still intact with the printer. I tried looking online to see if I could find any answers to solve my questions. I saw that many answers get answered on here so here's my questions

1, can I replace the screen itself and re-attach it to the green wire which is possible since the wire isn't snapped and does reconnect to the old one?..

2 , Do I have to buy a new printer since it's cheaper then replacing the screen itself ?

She did have young children so it is highly possible one of them pulled it out before. I would rather try to fix this one then to have to buy a new one. Thank you for answering and viewing my questions.
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (1,204 Views)

Re: HP photosmart 6520 screen came out

Hey @DeathRose1024,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you have a Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer with a disconnected display screen. As it is a broken part, I suggest contacting HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to see what options are available based on the printer's warranty.

Please let me know if you are able to reach some resolution with the printer. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation