Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (1,257 Views)

Kali Linux

Product Name: Pavilion 400
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am trying to install Kali Linux on my laptop but when I choose the USB or CD to boot from it always says "selected image did not authenticate". I have followed the instructions on the Kali Linux website exactly. I have tried both USB and CD neither have worked. I've tried multiple USBs I don't know what else to do.
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 6 (1,210 Views)

Re: Kali Linux

The copy you downloaded is corrupt, download it again on a fast connection with no interruptions and it should work.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (1,199 Views)

Ok I have downloaded new copies without interruptions. Will my USB be corrupted or is it still ok to use the same one as long as I clear it? When I enter the USB into my laptop I cannot access it because it says it says it is not formatted.
Master's Graduate
Message 4 of 6 (1,195 Views)

Couldn't hurt to reformat but Kali should do that anyway on the install but just to be safe wipe the USB then install Kali.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,180 Views)

I reformatted it and tried a different copy the same thing happened. So I reformatted it again and used a different copy and when I selected to boot from a USB it said "selected boot has failed"
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,177 Views)

Let me rephrase that it actually says "The selected boot device failed" I have turned off secure boot and turned on legacy boot and it still won't work. Ok i just went into the bios and chose reboot from USB it said device failed so then I went into the boot options and chose my USB this brought me to a screen that's all black and had "Missing operating system" in the top left corner
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation