Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I turn off 2 sided printing on my Officejet Pro 8600 Plus?  When I first got the printer, it always printed on just 1 side.  Somewhere along the way, while messing with the setups, it started duplex printing unless I tell it each time to print 1 side.  How do I set it back to always 1 sided printing

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to print driver preferences (Start->Control Panel -> Printer and right click) and select 'None' under print both sides option.

Happy Printing

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Actually, this is not working.  I have accessed the printer preference options through both the printer/device from start and from the printer dialog box.  Either way, it's set at none for print on both sides, but it does it, anyway.

I do remember at one point setting the copy function to duplex, but that seems to require being set each time you're doing a copy job.

So is there another way to turn off duplex printing?

HP Recommended

I woud like one-sided printing for my default rather than two-sided on my HP 8600 Plus. I went to Start->Control Panel->Devices and Printers, then right clicked on printer and changed two-sided to "none" as suggested. This did not solve the problem. It still prints two-sided as the default. Please help! Thank you!

HP Recommended

I want to turn off duplex or double sided printing.  I have read your forum, and have not found a step by step guide to easily follow.  Can you post screen shots of exactly what dialogue boxes need to be accessed and what buttons to press please?

HP Recommended

Do you have instructions for Mac OS X 10.8?

HP Recommended

Hello folks,

I understand you are looking for how to turn off the duplex printing option with your Officejet 8600 Plus.

To turn off "Duplex" printing, in the print dialog, click "Properties" and uncheck "print on both sides".
To change the page print order, look for "layout option" and choose from "front to back" and "back to front". (Posted by Charles001)

kcourtright - Please try these steps from Kyle_W: Turn off Duplex Printing

I hope this helps you both.

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

How do Im change between one side nd two sided printing please?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer!

Although I wanted the opposite. (Single sided turned off and Duplex turned on.) Your answer helped me too.

I would just like to say that if anyone is having a problem,don't forget to hit "Apply" to make your changes permanent, otherwise the change only works the one printing time.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I have looked online and followed several directions of how to turn off duplex printing but nothing works.  What is the

answer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.